❀thirty eight

I open my eyes, I'm not in familiar surrounding

I open my eyes, I'm not in familiar surrounding. I groan in pain when I tried to get up from the bed.

"Gabs!" A sleepy voice calls out, I look at the owner and it's Maddy, she quickly runs to me.

She engulfs me in a hug before I got a chance to ask what was happening.

"Do you know how worried I got Because of you....how could you not say anything gabs?" She wipes her tears.

"Tell you what?"

"That you had a heat problem" I bit my lower lip looking at her "how'd you know?" She cries even more at my question and I can't help but feel guilty.

"When you passed out at Ray's house, Brian took you to the hospital and the doctor said you had advanced heart failure, is this why you slept most of the times and refused to go to Disneyland with us?"

I nod.

"Gabriela, we were about to lose you, oh my god thank you so much for fighting while on that bed" I feel my own tears start to fall.

"How long have I been here?"

"Two weeks" my heart drops, I've been here for that long? How about my GCSEs, school....I can't get expelled.... Ethan!

Ethan.

"Did Ethan come to see me after hearing I got sick?" She shakes her head sadly as I chuckle in pain.

He really wants to get me out of his life doesn't he, he couldn't even come to see me when I got this sick?

God!

"The hospital expenses..."

"Rome is paying for everything but he hasn't been here since you received the heart transplant from your donor"

I got a heart transplant, I had a donor. I need to find my donor and thank them. The family's I guess.

Even if we paid them, I had to say thank you.

And Rome.

"Did he say anything?"

"He said he'd rather not see you again, he asked for you to live your life and forget that any of them existed because he won't know what to do to you when he actually sees you"

I bit my lip suppressing my tears, I knew he didn't like me neither of them did except for him.

Ethan.

I needed to see him but he didn't care about me so It doesn't matter at all now, I'm thankful for the help but I guess this is where I cut ties with them completely.

Graduation day

"Gabriela Colton" the announcer calls my name and I strode onto the stage a smile on my face as everyone claps happily for me.

This is it, I graduated, my Colombia application got accepted and I've been getting more brand deals than I could ever imagine.

Life was really looking out for me and I was happy.

Nearly to happiness.

I looked at the crowed again from the stage expecting him to rush in saying he was late but nothing. It's like Ethan Reyes disappeared into thin air.

I miss him.

I miss him so much that my soul hurts.

I get down from the stage and hand Maddy my certificate before running to the lockers rooms to cool down for a second.

In there I find him.

Rome.

Sitting on the bench, his tie loose, eyes all red. With messy hair. I try to collect myself and approach him.

"Hey guys" Brian is here too "get out" Rome murmurs "what?" I ask in confusion "I said get the fuck ou, god you're so fucking infuriating"

I've had enough of him.

"What's your problem with me huh, ever since before you don't seem to like me but this is crossing the line what have I done so bad that you can't seem to forgive, stop behaving like an immature child....."

He lands a hard on my face, I hold my left cheek looking at him, pissed.

"Rome that's enough" Brian tries to calm him down but instead of jumping at me, he's crying.... crying so hard that he's sliding down to the floor.

"You took him from us, our brother, our friend, you took him from us and you didn't even love him"

"Rome I don't understand....."

"Ethan's gone, gabs"

"Gone, gone where?" My hands are shaking I'm hoping it's not what I'm thinking about "to a better place because of you..... you're so selfish, he did it for you and you didn't even seem to care ABOUT HIM FOR EVEN A FUCKING SECOND"

i fall on the floor too, he's.... he's gotta be kidding right, there's no way what he's saying is true. Ethan wouldn't do a thing like that ever.

"Rome please" Brian is trying to hold himself together as he looks at Rome but is miserably failing. I see the pain in their eyes and my heart keeps sinking.

"He left this for you" he takes out a crumpled paper from his pocket handing it to me.

"Why didn't you give it to me in the first place?" I yell at him holding it close to me afraid of opening it.

"Because you're not worth it, you're not worth anything he's given up for you till now. If I had my way I'd bury you alive ten feet underground and watch you rot away".

With that he gets up wiping his tears "the next time I see you Gabriela, I'll be sure to make your life a living hell so for your safety don't cross paths with me"

I look at the paper wanting to open it but stop as I read the first sentence.

Rossa, it's Ethan.

Everything in me is shattering and i can't stop it.