❀forty

I sat in my living room, the TV on watching gossip girl eating some popcorn

I had shamelessly moved into Ethan's apartment because my house got flooded up in the rains.

"Rossa"  he sweetly calls out to me, I turn to look at him and smile "want popcorn?" He nods taking some from the bowl.

"Do you still have the letter I first gave you?" He's facing me now "of course but I stopped reading it" I feel guilty for doing that when it meant so much to him.

"Why?" He asks his eyes clearly showing a hint of sadness "it's painful" I shrug my shoulders and continue to watch the movie Infront of me.

"Rossa.......?"

"I miss you every second, reading that letter is like driving myself over the edge.....my mental state can't handle that" he takes his hand in mine "it's alright" he gives it a light kiss on top making me smile.

"You're not mad right?" I hear him chuckle.

"Getting mad at you is out of question" he pulls me closer to him and kisses my cheek making me laugh.

"Wish I could strip you down" I playfully hit him on the shoulder "does your head always think about sex?" He nods.

"Can't keep my zip up around you" oh god, he's such a pervert "are you going to stay here longer today?" He shakes his head "not today, sorry" I sigh wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I wish you'd stay longer, I really miss your warmth when you aren't here"

"I'm sorry rossa, I'll try my best to stay longer next time okay?" I nod and he laughs .

"I need to go now" I look at him surprised "but you just got here" I don't want him to leave just yet. "it's almost seven in the morning and you have a shoot tomorrow" he explains but I shake my head.

"I'll cancel the shoot, just stay longer" he wraps his arms around my waist "I'll be back"

I give up in trying to make him stay because I know nothing I will say will ever make him stay when he's decided to leave.

"I need to go and you need to wake up or you'll be late for the shoot" I sigh feeling defeated, I get off his lap sitting on the sofa beside him.

"I'll see you again soon won't I?" He nods  "always" he leans his forehead against mine, his big hands cupping my face trying to wipe my tears.

"I'll always be in your dreams Gabriela"

I nod pulling him closer to me for a kiss, I'm still crying but the feeling of kissing him is still as immaculate as ever.

"Bye" I peck his lips once more and close my eyes.

6 YEARS LATER

"Ladies and gentlemen may I present the world's model of the year, Ms Gabriela Reyes"

I smile standing up from my seat, I hug Ava, she's here as my designer.  Then proceed to walk to the stage and get my award.

I thank the host and take the award in my hands people are shouting in happiness and I'm nearly brought to tears by it.

"God, I don't even know what to say" I start making people laugh "but I'm very thankful for this award, I honestly didn't know I'd get but I'm very thankful for your votes everyone. My fans y'all are so precious thank you without forgetting my team, my friends and my little man"

Everyone goes silent at the sentence, little man. Nobody knows anything about me getting having a man "say hi to them baby"

A four year old boy in the crowd starts to giggle waving his hand "hi mommy" I smile lovingly at him as everyone goes in awe.

"That's Ethan, he's my son"

Everyone starts to cheer in happiness again as I get off the stage walking back to my seat trying to keep myself composure.

"Take Ethan home, I need to go somewhere" Ava nods rolling her eyes "I'm not sure who's the boss between us now" I laugh and get in my car heading somewhere.

I adopted that child a few years back, I didn't want to hear anything about finding another man or having a child with someone else.

So I just adopted the baby and named him after Ethan, his father.

I'm being greedy yes but I don't care.

I park my car outside the graveyard and walk in towards his grave. I stand Infront of it and showcase my award.

"Hey, did I come too late. I'm sorry I've been so busy lately, look i won an award I made people proud, are you proud of me?" I ask.

"You know Ethan is starting to act like you, I don't know how but that's just what's happening. He hated grapes like you, like what is with you two and grapes, they're so good" i roll my eyes.

"I wish you were here on the best day of my career, it doesn't even feel like a win now that you're not here with me"

I sit down on the grass.

"I miss you, I miss you so much that my mind sometimes decide to do anything to try and follow you. I can't breathe at times, o feel like I'm going mad Ethan"

It's quiet very quiet, I feel a gush wind pass through and I smile "answering already?" I chuckle to myself as my tears start to fall.

"You better be waiting for me there Ethan, we'll start this thing differently and have our happy ending together so please wait"

I wipe my tears smiling looking at his grave, my chest tightens and I feel suffocated, I put out my hand to hold his grave.

"I love you Ethan, I'm sorry you had to go without hearing me say that but I love you more than you know" I lay my head against the grave crying.

"Wait for me"

THE END