❀thirty

It's been a month since the masked gala and my plan worked perfectly, I was now trending all over the social media platforms

Everyone wanted to know about my masked hot date but I didn't give them the satisfaction to know, I mean I'll let everyone know who it was in the right time.

Right now I had a problem.

I think I am sick, everytime I'm around Ethan my stomach turns, I feel hot, kinda dizzy and I grow pink on the face.

Ever since the day at the masked ball it's all that's been happening , we've been fucking as usual but it's just different.

He's been extra nice lately and I'm scared of it, he's acting all friendly and loving which is sending me to the damn roof with emotions.

It's not even about Derek anymore at this point.

"Maybe you like him?" Maddy says through the phone making me roll my eyes at her "make more sense Maddy" I couldn't possibly like him.

Yes he was nice and all that shit but I was sure I didn't like him, he'd never like me anyway he made that so fucking clear to me.

"Think about it girl, you've been running around acting desperate for the past few weeks because of him"

Well that doesn't mean I like him, I'm an attention seeker that's all there is to it "I'm hanging up" I tell her and really hang up.

I sigh flatly laying myself on the bed, I couldn't possibly be liking him right? That's absurd, I don't like him....I don't. I really don't.

My phone dings and I scurry hurriedly to take it.

Ethan.

I open it and I sigh, it's not him.

Wait what? I groan laying on the bed again, this can't be fucking happening right now.

I call Maddy again.

"What do you want?"
"Mads how do you act when you like someone?
"How did you act with Derek?"

I stay silent for sometime before answering her "oh for fuck's sake" she rolls her eyes at me "what now?"

"What if I like him even for a tiny bit..." She cuts me off "you like him and that's it"

"Madison"

"For crying out loud, stop doing this shit to yourself okay.... Derek, your mom your brother non of them are worth it right now do you understand me, allow yourself to feel happy, so let's say okay you don't want to get attached then what....how long are you going to keep running for?" She's yelling at me and I feel my cheeks get warm.

"I'm not sorry for what I'm saying, how long has it been, eight years, they aren't coming back, live your life for you.....tell the boy you like him if he doesn't then end it with him.... Gabriela please.... let go"

I wipe my tears with my hands laughing "thanks Maddy" I hang up the phone again and proceed to lay on my bed looking at the ceiling.

What would dad say if he was here?

Look into your heart and you'll get the answer.

I sigh, my heart's failing me right now. I mean it's no even beating properly geez.

The sudden knock on the door makes me jolt up from my bed and head for the door by now whoever it was wasn't knocking, he was banging the door harshly.

I open the door furiously ready to tell off whoever it was when my mouth went suddenly dry.

Crap!

"It's so hard to catch you these days Gabriela" Bruno, the old fat dude with a forest for a beard says walking inside.

I back away "you promised to pay us by the end of the month but there's nothing" I feel my legs loose their strength as more of them enter my house.

"I haven't received my paycheck...I" he slaps me hard across the face and I fall on the floor with a thud "it's been three months little Gabriela, I want my money"

My tears are falling fast without warning, I look at them as Bruno smiles "now I'm going to teach you how to keep promises"

He takes a bat from one of his minions whacking me with it on the ribs, I groan in pain, my hand holding the part trying to calm down.

"Beat her up boys, make sure she learns her lesson"

No, not again. One slaps me twice across the face "stupid bitch" he yells as the other attack the rest of my body without mercy. I can take it anywhere but not on my face.

My face is my business.

I hide my face in between my hands, you're strong Gabriela.... it'll be over soon.... don't... don't panick that much....it happens normally doesn't it so it's not new, you can do it. Hold it.

"Stop" Bruno orders and they obey him, he crouches to my level forcing me to look at him "there's a way to repay your debt by $4million you know" I eagerly look at him.

"Strip down"

I gulp, no..I'm not doing that shit, I have dignity within myself I can't strip for them...I can't.

What dignity? Aren't you fucking Ethan for that same reason, you've no dignity whatsoever Gabriella. Admit it, fuck them and reduce the debt, strip get this over and done with.

I cry, my thoughts moving to my father. If he was still here, I wouldn't have to go through this shit...I...I'm loosing my self respect due to this but what is self respect?

Is it going to take me to the top, is it going to pay my debts, my bills...is it going to feed me, no. I know I sound stupid right now but just try to be an orphaned 18 year with millions of debts and see.

Everything I make goes to the hospital and the loan sharks, I'm nothing right now...no one to rely on, my friends have done too much, I can't cause them more trouble.

"She's really stripping"

I close my eyes removing the shoulder strands of the dress slowly.

"The fuck is going on here?"

I open my eyes abruptly looking at the owner of the voice, my eyes start to water at the sight of him, I already knew who it was, my salvation.

Ethan Reyes.