BakuXNijirou-43

'A needle...?', Nijirou turned from being oblivious to stunned, 'But I would've remembered-!'

Feeling his body tense up as his eyes glanced at the scratch again, he was perplexed,

'Eh??', it started with his arm, shivering even though it wasn't cold...then it didn't take long before his whole body started trembling uncontrollably.

Bakugou was quick to notice his condition, frowning fiercely and covering his eyes before they could see anything else. He pulled the other into his embrace quickly and blocked his sight.

Pressing Nijirou's head deep into his shoulder, his brows furrowed tightly,

'Again...'

He still clearly remembered the incident at the infirmary from a while back, '...although he was being weird because of that fever...as soon as he saw the injection it was completely different', remembering how the other was trembling and even crying in his arms, his expression became grim.

Nijirou was hugged by Bakugou and didn't have the chance to see the wound properly, but that wasn't his concern right now,

'What the hell is happening??', he was just as confused as the others, 'Is it because of the needle...?'

He didn't understand his own body's reaction at all, it was totally out of his control. He was just trying to stop it when there was sudden memory flitted past his mind.

Seeing the row of needles glinting in the dark room, his eyes widened,

'..don't worry it's not gonna take long...good boy-', and eerie voice mixed into the surroundings,

'Meiura...Reina?!', recognizing the person belatedly, Nijirou was shocked, 'She-!'

But the sudden pang of pain in his head made all his thoughts disappear,

"Hnnn!", the cry escaped from his gritted teeth, pain overtaking all his senses. It was so painful he had a strong urge to just blast his head off.

"Nijibro-?!", he seemed to hear Kirishima's anxious voice, his eyes closing on reflex and his hands tightening around Bakugou's waist.

"Go get Aizawa-sensei quick!!", Bakugou's urgent voice made Kirishima come back to his senses. He hurriedly wiped his cold sweat and dashed off with the rescued child still in his hands, "I'll be back!"

Bakugou was left alone with Nijirou again; he could only pat the other's back in an attempt to calm him down,

"-what's wrong??..does it hurt?!...tch just what-!", Bakugou himself was panicking as he felt the other's shuddering.

Seeing that he couldn't do anything to stop the other's pain, the deep sense of powerlessness overtook his senses again,

'The first time at the infirmary...', at that time he'd still felt that the other was just afraid of injections and nothing else,

'-but now', he finally realized that something was really wrong. At that time he couldn't do anything to stop his suffering and..

'Even now-', it was like he was watching All Might's last battle all over again, the feeling of guilt resurfacing and eating away at his brain,

'...I can't do anything...'

---------------------------------------------------------------

'Why aren't they back yet...?', Deku was treading around in the same place, his quick footsteps showing his anxiousness, 'They've been gone for about half-an-hour now...'

Ever since Bakugou and Kirishima had rushed out without giving them a chance to react, the mood near the previous battle scene had been gloomy. After finding out that it was their fault, Todoroki and Inasa were even more ashamed of themselves.