Author's thoughts

Hello guys~~ This is your author-chan, BLGivesLife (^ω^)(^▽^)

This is just a rant I'm posting because I want to give a concrete ending to this fanfiction I've written for the past 3-4 months.

So it all started when I was suddenly given a longgg break in my otherwise busy life. I won't elaborate much but basically some important exams ended and I just had like 4 months of holidays and free time.

And anyone would generally be happy with this kind of thing...but not when you're the only one on vacation. What I'm trying to say is: it got boring real quick.

Thats when I thought, maybe I should write something. I was bored of reading BL novels which were bland so I thought I'll just write my own and satisfy all my delusions (eheheh).

I had the idea of writing a BakugouXMaleOC since some time back. This was because I was rewatching the bnha anime during my exams (of course 'during' and not before or after (ˇ‿ˇ)) and this one thought was stuck in my head:

'-what would it be like if Bakugou had a love interest?'

So that's when I started watching the anime while thinking of scenarios with this character of my imagination. And of course I had to make it a BL because as a fujoshi, straight romances just don't feel 'real' anymore (yup I'm just a delusional hopeless romantic).

Then I thought of what kind of partner Bakugou himself would like. But if you think about it, Bakugou's type is something only Horikoshi (the original mangaka) can decide.

So I made a character that would satisfy 'my' kind of Bakugou; which turned out to be a calm and rational person in contrast to Bakugou's explosive personality.

This led to drastic (and I mean veryyy drastic) changes in Bakugou's personality. For example, if you told me earlier that Bakugou could be a calm person who would even smile because of another person, I would've never believed it. In fact, I would hate a Bakugou like that.

But the purpose of this fanfiction was to make a cute 'romance' story and not anything else. Thats why Bakugou's character had to be changed, so that I could achieve that kind of romance.

As for Nijirou, he's the kind of person everyone must've met at some point. And I don't mean he has a repetitive personality; I mean he's the kind of person that even if you met them once you'd remember them distinctly.

He's a person who laughs at everything and that one friend everyone's obsessed over because they listen so well and are so cute. But at the same time very silent when it comes to themselves...my best friend is this kind of person and that's why I was comfortable in writing about his character (because I know a lot about what he's going to think in what situation).

Now, for the romance (•ᴗ•) the trope I love the most is when both the parties are comfortable with each other's presence; like sitting in silence with each other but not feeling awkward-that kind of thing. As if the other's company is all thats required, and small things like that which make you happy...

And the most logical way in which thats possible is when you go from being best friends to lovers (at least, according to me its like that). So that's how I tried to write this story as well~

As for the plot, I'd say it came naturally whenever I was watching the anime. I just built upon it using small inspirations that popped up from time to time.

Maybe because the thought was always in my mind even before I actually started writing it, but I never had a so-called 'writer's block'. The most was like 2 days I guess...but never more than that though. At the same time, I don't mean it was easy to write. I struggled with expressing the characters' emotions the most, searching a long time for the 'perfect' word to describe a particular reaction or situation.

The ending was planned to be happy right from the start too, primarily because I absolutely HATEEE bad/sad endings. So no matter how much I made you all think it was a bad ending at the ending chapters, I didn't mean it at all lol.

I never thought I would actually write this at all, so it still feels unreal that I've come as far as to even end it now. It was originally for my own satisfaction, but seeing other people read it made me very happy as well. You won't believe how many times I procrastinated but was motivated again because of the sweet comments some of you left.

In the future I might think of this as a cringey time-waste but I'll remember all the unexpected memories I made for sure too; like the long bus rides where just staring out the window and thinking of plot made me preoccupied for a long time...

I'll miss posting chapters every alternate day and the anticipation of looking forward to your comments too. It almost became like a job to me you know? Going to school/college is something you have to do...similarly, posting was something I just HAD to do.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who decided to read this (both the fanfiction and this long rant). I hope you'll remember this story as something you can come back to when you're sad or depressed. It might not make you laugh but you'll still get the fuwa fuwa feelings from the cute scenes hehe~~

THANKS FOR READING TILL NOW AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!! \( ^o^ )/