4 || his lucky charm

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙪𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙪𝙨"

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

It was the morning of the Quidditch game. Despite it being the first week of school, the teachers had already been laying the work on. For the fifth years, the OWL prep had already started and it had been a difficult first week.

Pansy and Vera thought that the Quidditch game would be the perfect way to unwind. They slept in, skipping breakfast like the girls usually did on the weekends and then woke up and got up.

Pansy wore a green sweatshirt with the famous snake emblem on it with gray leggings that flared out at the ends. She also had an urge to trim her bangs that morning but Vera controlled her before she could do anything she could regret.

Vera had an emerald colored fitted tee which she paired with low waisted jeans. After she realized how cold and windy it was, even for the Scottish highlands, she threw a white hoodie over it.

After the girls chatted and got ready, they lounged around for a while before they heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Pansy called out lighting a cigarette as Vera flipped through a magazine.

The knocks stopped and started again and the girls groaned. Pansy handed Vera the cigarette. The cherry haired girl opened the window and sat in the frame as she took a long drag from it. She rarely smoked and made it a habit to always sit in the window when she did because of the smell, which she always had to magic away from the room and her clothes. Albeit, the bad habit managed to calm her nerves, which is why she would take the occasional cigarette if offered.

"It's a box!" Pansy giggled, prancing over to Vera.

"Well, what's in it?" Vera blew out some more smoke before handing the cigarette back to her friend. She blew her wand over her clothes getting rid of any stink.

"A note and some clothes?" Pansy handed it to her. "It's addressed to you, V."

Vera picked up the short note first, skimming over it. Then, she read it again, slowly, word by word in her head.

Dear Veve,

Thought you might like this. You'll definitely look better in it than me. I'll see you at the game tonight. Cheer for me, yeah?

Yours,
Theo

P.S. sorry if the delivery boy was annoying, it was some random first year.

"Read it out loud!" Pansy exclaimed impatiently, sighing.

Vera hesitated for a bit too long, causing the raven haired girl to pluck the note out of her hands and run away before she could even get out of the windowsill.

"Theo? Theodore Nott?" Pansy screamed, jumping up and down.

"There's another Theo, probably." Vera muttered, collapsing onto her bed.

"Only one way to find out," Pansy teased, grabbing the package and unfolding the piece of clothing in it.  "Vera! You little liar! It says Nott on the back, right here!" Her voice was getting louder and more indignant by the second, causing Vera to giggle.