19 || bottled emotions

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"'𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝗶'𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻' 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗳 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The months were passing slowly and yet spring holidays were approaching. The usual chill of the Scottish highlands was beginning to die, causing the students to need to remove the outer layer of their uniform after morning classes. The students were pretty happy other than Umbridge gaining more and more control. The teachers seemed pretty miserable in that regard.

One afternoon, Vera had finished classes early because of one of her teachers being absent. She quickly completed some homework, her feet tucked beneath her as she sat on the common room couch. The reflection of the water from the Black Lake was all around the room. She rested her textbook and parchment on her knees, getting distracted as she watched the light reflection of the water twinkle across the room in waves.

She did, in fact, have an Inquisitorial Squad meeting after this but she had decided to lie to Umbridge that she wasn't feeling good. Vera and Pansy hadn't really gone through the idea to take her down from the inside. Instead, they opted for lying about their ability so they could go to the least amount of meetings possible whilst still receiving extra credit.
Her eyelids were getting heavy and she was probably going to fall asleep there but as soon as she closed her eyes, figures busted through the door, startling her.

"Sorry Veve." Theo said gently, realizing that he woke her up. She gave him a smile. He went over to her, sitting at the end of the couch. Theo picked up her feet and rested them on his legs.

"Vera!" Draco yelled, less aware. Vera stopped herself from flinching and instead rolled her eyes. "You will not believe what happened."

"You shouldn't have missed this meeting." Blaise murmured.

"What happened?" Vera asked, quirking a dark brow.

Draco was very excited and unlike his usual self with this information contained inside of him. "We busted Potter and his little secret operation."

"Lovely." Vera said dryly. "If that's all then..." She crossed her legs that were still overtop of Theo.

"It's what happened next." Blaise amended, shaking his head at her impatience.

The girl looked towards her boyfriend, prompting at least one of them to speak and give up the pause of suspense.

Theo gave in. "Dumbledore is gone and Umbridge is Headmistress." He revealed, cringing slightly as he waited for her reaction.

"Huh?" Vera shot up, shaking her head. "That can't be."

"It's the truth." Draco said, crossing his arms. "The school will finally be run by someone who is truly and sincerely capable—"

"Oh cut the bullshit Draco!" The cherry haired girl hissed, narrowing her eyes at him. "You sound like a broken record with the pureblood Hogwarts crap."

"Vera..." Blaise warned, holding his hands up, as if to break it up.

"She's terrible and you're so blinded by your prejudice that you can't see just how terrible she is. Even if you don't care about me, think about Pansy. Umbridge shames her and so many other girls every single day, even if she's wearing just a uniform!" The girl erupted, blatantly ignoring both Blaise and her boyfriend touching her leg soothingly.