8 || kiss me

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨, 

𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮,  𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙"

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Vera applied her lipstick carefully, making sure that the dark rosy color didn't smudge. Her heart was going a mile a minute, especially since she knew that she had only an hour or so until it was time to leave. It was the finishing touch that she needed to complete before the witch her mother had hired to do her hair was supposed to come in. 

The girl admired her dress, staring at the beautiful lace and silk combination that was hand-sewn for her. It was still sitting on her bed, waiting to be worn. Vera wore a loose silk nightgown, which was quite annoying considering how the thin straps kept slipping off of her shoulders. 

"Vera?" called her mother's voice, bursting through the door. Vera jumped, placing her hand on her heart. "Apologies." Her mother said curtly, before allowing the hair witch inside. 

Vera was forcefully sat down by the old witch by her shoulders as the work on her hair began. 

"Isn't that too much eyeliner?" Alma asked, already donning a soft blue silk dress, her hair half up in loose curls. 

"I think it looks okay." Vera sat up straight, trying not to move as the witch prodded at her hair and sprayed quick spritzes of Sleekeazy's hair potion to reduce any frizz. Alma simply shrugged, crossing her hands as she watched. 

The witch used a flick of her wand to curl her hair and pinned it up the top half in an intricate braid, her fingers working quickly. She wove some flowers into Vera's hair as she braided, thin and small white flowers that made the girl look even more delicate than before. 

Her nails were painted a clear pink color (apart from the usual wine red and black) , kept short and practical. It was in case she ever decided to remove her silk gloves during the night. The witch then curled the rest of the hair, finishing off the girl's cherry hair in a beautiful and elegant manner. 

Vera admired herself, smiling at herself in the mirror, twisting to get a view of the back. 

"Lovely. Now, put your dress on and come downstairs." Alma told the girl, nodding as she determined the hair and makeup as fine. She abruptly left, the hair witch following after her. At this point, she had twenty minutes until she had to leave. Vera was kind of excited. She would be able to see most of her friends and after the debut and dance portion, they would be free to do their own thing. 

Vera tugged the dress over her legs (a slight struggle) and then tried to zip it up on her own, only succeding halfway. The girl groaned, debating if she should flop back on her bed dramatically, ultimately deciding no for the good of her hair. Just as she was going to suck up her pride and ask her mother for help, she heard the crackle of fire and a slight wooshing noise, meaning that someone was entering through the fireplace. 

Vera was slightly alarmed before realizing she had unlocked it this morning because Pansy was probably going to come over. 

"Pans, can you help me zip this up?" Vera asked, turning back around, trying to reach the zipper again before giving up. 

"I'm not Pansy but I can help." Theo shrugged and Vera swiveled around with a grin on her face. 

"Theo!" She ran up to him, eyeing his black button down and trousers combination. "Don't you know it's rude to come into someone's bedroom unannounced?" Vera teased, moving her hair over for him to get the last few inches of the zipper up.