14 || knee socks

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙟𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙨
𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣' 𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣' 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Umbridge smiled like a Cheshire Cat up at Vera Saltori, her rose pink nails gripping the corner of the silver spoon.

Vera grimaced ever so slightly as the woman poured thick cream into the tea, clouding it completely. The lovely amber color of the tea turned into a light greenish brown instead.

"Would you like some tea, dear?" Umbridge's voice was sickly-sweet,  completely fake and rotten to the core. Vera gave her a smile, trying to finish up their discussion as soon as physically possible so she could go finish up her work. Or potentially copy off of Draco or Blaise

"No, Professor Umbridge, thank you so much for the offer." Vera complimented her as if she had given her trillions of galleons.

"Hrmph." Umbridge made an odd sound of approval before continuing. "This is about the Inquisitorial Squad, I presume."

"Perceptive as ever, Professor." Vera said sweetly. She felt as though she was going to throw up. "It's just so difficult to have classmates and teachers who don't care about the curriculum."

"Oh, my sweet thing, of course." Umbridge tutted sympathetically, placing a withered yet perfectly manicured hand on top of hers. It was almost comical, the bright pink nails over the black ones. "The Ministry cares so much. I know for a fact the ministry is kind to you and your family." She winked and Vera swore she could feel bile rising into her throat.

Umbridge stirred her tea, continuing to look too closely at Vera as she spoke. "Cassius Saltori." She shook her head before raising her eyebrows again. "One of the highest ranked officials we have, my dear."

"I'm very proud of my father's achievements." This was the one time Vera hadn't spit out lies in this conversation and it was refreshing. "And his cutthroat work ethic, of course."

"Why, of course, Miss Saltori, Cassius is ruthless." Professor Umbridge replied, bringing the colorful teacup up to her mouth.

"That, I can say as an absolute fact." Vera nodded along, smiling with all her teeth at the woman in front of her who was easily encouraged by her fake grins. "He raised me with that quality, for sure."

"Something you'll be able to bring to my squad, I'm assuming?" Umbridge raised her thin eyebrows, accentuating the wrinkles accumulating on her small forehead. "You seem rather quiet in my classroom, I would love to see that side of you more."

"Well, yes! Indeed." Vera chuckled, as if that was the silliest thing the woman had said all day. The professor started to chuckle alongside her. "Unfortunately in class, I get somewhat uncomfortable with those who constantly complain."

"Ah." Umbridge nodded, in full understanding. "They are being taken care of. Believe me, these... disgusting filth of children don't even deserve to speak." As if she was realizing what she had said she sat up straighter. "Excuse me, Miss Saltori. I only meant that disruptive children are not to be let on to my special team."