20 || first love

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
" 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚, 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚
𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚
𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙫𝙚
𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Summer was fast approaching. The group knew it was time to use their Slytherin privileges of being right by the Black Lake to hangout by there.

The days had ebbed and flowed, feeling long as the happened, but soon feeling as though they passed by in a flash.

Vera was almost done with her OWLs. Whilst it was true that she often didn't use her full academic potential, she still got good grades. If anything didn't go her way, she would charm her teachers into extra credit or something of that sort. Except McGonagall's class. That woman accepted hard work and hard work only for a good score.

However, when OWLs came around, breakdowns were also around the corner. Academics, (with a side of flattery) always came easy to Vera. Being charming and poised was not going to get you perfect OWL scores.

This is why it hit her so quickly that she would have to spend most of her time in the library, despite the warm weather. She sat in the back, at the desks behind the huge wooden shelves. Surprisingly, lots of other students weren't even in the library. Except occasionally Hermione or Draco. Sometimes Blaise would pop in as well.

The Ravenclaws seemed to prefer their own common room to study in. Fair enough, who wouldn't want to study under the stars every evening?

Sometimes she would break down crying looking at some stupid Charms theory that she never even learned. Or some herbology structures that she swore don't even exist.

These crying sessions were perfectly timed with her perfect boyfriend Theodore.

He would sneak food into the library for her, packing it neatly into his bag and find her table.

He would wipe her tears off her cheeks with his thumb and kiss her forehead.

He would tell her how smart she was and how proud he was of her hard work. Sometimes that made her sob even harder into his arms.

He would remind her that her brain would not be able to function if she didn't eat anything, causing her to reluctantly take a bite of whatever meal he brought her. Her appetite was reduced to zero, except the occasional late night treat craving she got. That's when they would escape to the kitchens and get some fresh baked goods from the elves.

This boy was constantly taking care of her, seeing her through tears and laughter, through irritation and sarcasm. And he never once wavered.

All of that was in the past though, considering all of her OWLs were completed. The only thing she could do now was wait and open her results in the summer. Hopefully, her hard work would pay off.

Now, classes seemed like a breeze. School was more of a drama fest than anything, at this point.

A centaur was one of their teachers, Hagrid came back all bloody and gross, Trelawney got sacked (Vera despised Divination anyway), and currently the big news was Hagrid was getting sacked.