22 || my darling

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙨, 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚,
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The next day, it seemed as though everything and everyone were eerily back to normal. It was a Saturday morning and Vera got up to grab a quick bite in the Great Hall. Usually she refused to have breakfast because it made her feel sick, but for some reason, today she was really craving a pastry and not just some fruit.

The teachers would make the younger students sit down and actually eat their breakfast if they were going to eat, but older students were allowed to swing by and grab something quick to eat in their dorms. It was an unspoken rule of Hogwarts.

So that is exactly what Vera did. She grabbed a cherry danish, wrapping it neatly in a napkin as she looked around. The seat where Umbridge usually had her tea, biscuits, and toast was empty and there was no one sitting there. In fact, there were only a few teachers present, a lot of them were gone.

Vera walked back up to her dorm, shrugging to herself as she nestled herself into her bed. Pansy was in Draco's dorm and Vera vaguely rememebred falling asleep on the common room couch beside Theo. He must have picked her up and taken her to her dorm.

But for him to go back to his own dorm room when it was just the two of them was so unlike him. Maybe he didn't want to wake her up?

Vera sighed, trying not to overthink about anything because it never ended well. Besides, if he was in his own room, he wouldn't wake up until lunch. Perhaps even after lunch depending on how long it took him to sleep. Theo could sleep forever on weekends.

Suddenly remembering yesterday's discarded plans and her promise to Theo, Vera blushed. She had promised that she would buy him a new bikini if he would be patient.

Besides, it was an exciting way to keep herself busy whilst waiting for all of her lazy friends to finally wake up.

What better way to keep occupied than spending your dad's money? Vera could truly think of nothing else. Why have a daughter if not to spoil her, right? Good thing her dad agreed.

She scribbled down a quick note for Pansy on a pink sticky note.

Good morning lazy. I'm gonna be at Hogsmeade. Xo, V.

Smiling to herself, she picked out an outfit to wear. Surprisingly, it was already scorching outside so she decided to go with a white tank top and a navy blue miniskirt.

Vera used to despise going out to places alone. To the Great Hall, to the library, to Hogsmeade especially. But recently, she was making an effort to try and get out of that fear. It was irrational and she knew that she had to enjoy her own company not just inside, but outside too.

After getting ready for the day with a few quick swipes of makeup, she walked down the twisting staircases and started to make her way outside.

At Hogsmeade, she found a swimsuit store more towards the back. A lot of the boutiques that Vera had visited for sweaters and coats were swapping out their outfits for more summery attire.