10 || so, this is christmas

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧

𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙨, 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙧"

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The group gazed quietly at the market, in full awe. There was soft snowflakes falling around them, illuminated in the warm yellow lights of the stalls. There was a soft crunch of snow with each step they took, and the market was large— encompassing a lot of the street. It was decorated grandly with either white, gold, red, or green everywhere you looked. There were stupid designs like snowmen and St. Nick that made Vera's heart ache for her childhood displayed throughout.

At the center of it all was a huge Christmas tree, covered to the brim with decorations and towering over the stalls and even some of the buildings.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Vera murmured to which the group nodded in disbelief.

"What should our first stop be?" Blaise finally asked after they had looked around excitedly for a few minutes.

"Hot cocoa?" Pansy asked, pointing towards a large stand selling the beverage.

"Not in the mood for a butterbeer?" Draco asked teasingly.

"We have time for both." Mattheo said, following Pansy and making his way to the hot cocoa stand.

Draco shrugged and went after them.

"I kind of wanted butterbeer." Lorenzo pouted, crossing his arms.

"It's okay, we can get that at Hogsmeade." Vera assured him, patting his arm.

They walked alongside Theo and Blaise to the hot chocolate stand.

Mattheo handed a steaming cup to her and another one to Theodore. Draco did the same to Blaise and Enzo, making sure everyone had some.

After it had cooled down a little more, Vera took a tentative sip and was pleasantly surprised. It tasted a lot richer and dark than the usual hot chocolate she had in the past years.

Vera clutched onto Theo's sleeve as to not get lost through the crowds of people heading towards them. He adjusted his arms and held her hand that wasn't holding onto her beverage.

As they walked through the crowd and awed silently at some of the stands, Pansy and Vera collectively gasped as they saw a beautiful little boutique, ceramic angels surrounded by fairy lights descending from the ceiling.

"Pansy!" Vera squealed.

"Vera!" Pansy shrieked in unison.

"Salazar." Mattheo said, un-looping his arm with Pansy's. "Go."

Vera looked up at Theo pleadingly, and he smiled down at her, letting go of her hand. She grinned at him as she ran across to Pansy.

"Shouldn't someone stay with them?" Draco asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I can." Lorenzo shrugged, shaking his head.