36 || eyes of ice

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣
𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Pansy and Vera followed Theo and Blaise as they were dragged into a different section of the store. Madame Adeline snapped her fingers, calling out for one of the three girls from before. "Diana?" She called, gesturing towards the boys. "Get the expensive tape measure." Madame said quietly, but it felt more as a stage whisper considering that they all had heard what she said. "Elizabeth, can you hurry up with the Slytherin uniforms?" She sounded exasperated, shaking her head and muttering at the insolence of these girls.

Pansy and Vera looked at them with pity as they scurried around, attending this woman's every whim. After she set everything up, however, the actual process seemed to be finishing along quickly. Madame measured Theo quickly and took over Amelia measuring Blaise after she had been caught adding a few extra centimeters for comfort.

"I'm sorry." Amelia had whispered, her head down. "We usually don't do uniforms that tight."

"That is not for you to decide," Madame sighed, "Arms up, dear." She instructed Blaise. "It would do me good to get rid of you." Amelia turned white as a ghost. "Ah, no matter. I need the help, I suppose."

Mattheo and Lorenzo were next up, which was also pretty quick. It seemed as though that Madame wanted to get the easiest measurements out of the way. All the boys had grown in height and put on more muscle than last year, meaning that it was a pretty easy adjustment.

Draco was last, and Elizabeth was Apparating to get the girls something for their tailoring, meaning that they were next. Vera was somewhat nervous, for a reason that she couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Draco, dear, your measurements are almost the same, minus the large growth in height. And your weight is the same? Are they even feeding you?" The woman asked, concerned, as she moved his arms up manually to measure the sleeve length.

"Yes," He snapped. "I don't see how that is anyone's business, though." Draco pulled his hand away forcefully, adjusting his white dress shirt cuffs. "Tell your underlings to never cast a weight charm on me without my knowledge again."

Pansy looked at Vera before turning to Draco with such sad eyes that Vera almost forgot the spat between her and Draco. Pansy's eyes closed for a moment before turning back to Vera with a quick sniff.

"They did not." Madame Adeline said, her head down shamefully at the hands of a seventeen year old. "I did." The whole friend group stared at each other, desperately confused wether to weigh in or stay silent.

"I do not pay you to demonstrate such despicable behavior, Madame, nor do I plan to." He snarled, his tone dripping with venom. His gray eyes swirled with rage before closed his eyes, pale eyelashes resting on his skin, before he opened them again to reveal a plain slate color. "Just complete my measurements and have my uniform finished by the end of the day." His tone was ice, but it lacked the bitterness and fire it had before.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy." Madame said. Vera startled, looking at Pansy for her reaction, who was just as shocked. Draco was still as a statue, even after being called Mr. Malfoy instead of Draco by a woman that they had known since they were ten years old.