39 || stupid in love

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨
𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

When Theo came to greet Vera and invite her to come downstairs, he had a big grin on his face. "Hi, you." The girl buried her face into his chest immediately, breathing in his familiar comforting scent. "Clingy today, hm?" The boy teased, a little smirk on his face.

Vera looked up at him with her huge eyes, although this time they were tinged with red and puffy. Her eyelashes were thick with tears and she sniffed occasionally. "Not quite." She gave a shaky laugh, attempting to keep things light. Although, Vera couldn't stop imagining Theo being forced to be a Death Eater, and the thought caused her such intense heartbreak— she just couldn't stand it.

Theo stopped joking immediately, his eyebrows creasing in worry. "Baby, what's wrong?" He tilted her chin up gently, looking at her. "What happened? Who did this?" His gaze turned murderous as he thought of someone hurting his girl.

Vera was about to spill everything; she and Theo never kept secrets from one another. She quickly remembered her promise to Draco, and fell silent, giving him a small smile instead. "Well, I was reading this super sad scene in this book. The girl dies from a curse and the boy waits his whole life for her before finally meeting her in the afterlife. It was so beautiful, I sobbed for so long." It wasn't a lie, but to be fair? It happened two weeks prior to this moment. "It made me think of you, Teddy." It was another truth, albeit two weeks late.

Theo's face broke into a grin, which made Vera smile. He grabbed her in a hug and easily picked her up and twirled her around. She giggled like she was a little girl again, squeezing him tight even after he put her down. "Beautiful. But morbid, don't you think? No dying, no curses. Just me and you." He said, the words carrying softly through the air.

Vera smiled against his chest. "Just you and me." She agreed.

"Perfect." He said, running his hands through her hair. "Now, no more crying?" Vera nodded and he smiled appreciatively. "That's my girl. Are you hungry?" Theo asked.

"Starving." Vera revealed, clutching her stomach dramatically, just to take his mind off of her own tears. Salazar, did she even deserve him?

They made their way downstairs, the smell of takeaway filling their nostrils. It smelled greasy and delicious, but to them, it was a rare treat: they wouldn't be caught dead with any Muggle restaurant food (when they all had personal house elves) by their parents, but hey, everyone gets cravings.

"What'd you get?" Vera asked, sort of excited.

"We got the whole lot." Lorenzo smirked, gesturing towards the copious amounts of food.

"Okay... What'd you get for me?" She asked again, rolling her eyes.

"Crispy egg rolls, orange chicken, and egg noodles with chili oil." Blaise picked out the containers that were for her and moved it out to the front and Vera swore she almost drooled. She hadn't had much but some fruit and a bit of chocolate all day so she was actually hungrier than she previously thought.

"I haven't had takeaway in a year, I think." Vera mused aloud with a frown. "Clemmie, bring the food to the table. And the chopsticks, please." The girl told the house elf.

"Red, have you been crying?" Mattheo suddenly asked, peering into her face.

"No. And if you haven't noticed, my hair isn't red any longer." Vera averted her eyes, muttering bitterly. She could see Theo shaking his head at his best friend, signaling for him to leave her alone.

"Doesn't matter." He said, evidently amused. "Red's a state of mind— your state of mind. I was asking because Pans looked like she was crying too."

Theo gave her a quirked eyebrow and she rushed to explain. "We read a sad book Mattheo. And I know she isn't a big reader but I just had to show her the part!" Vera said. "Right, Pansy?" She asked, hoping the girl could hear her.

"Yeah!" Pansy called back from upstairs. "That book was so sad. I'm never reading again." She said dryly.

"Mhm. What about Malfoy dearest? Is he crying over a book as well?" Lorenzo asked, teasing his best friend.

"And so what if he is?" Vera crossed her arms. Theo looked thoroughly entertained as he stifled a laugh.

"Oh quiet, V." Draco said, his face devoid of any emotion. However, a slight bit of a smile was quirked on his lips and gratitude shone in his eyes. "The girls ordered new perfume by owl. I was allergic, so they sent it back." He sniffed with disdain. "I didn't think wizard folk could get allergies but I'll talk to my Healer." He mused aloud.

"Yeah, okay." Lorenzo smirked, wiping his freshly washed hands on a towel and sitting at the dining table. "Get in touch with your feminine side, Draco. The girls love it."

Theo rolled his eyes as he also emerged from the kitchen with freshly washed hands. "Shall we dine m'lady?" He asked, a regal tone in his accent.

She giggled. "One moment, my good sir." Vera ran to grab Pansy and they quickly washed their hands together. Everyone else had went to the dining table, anticipating their special once-a-year meal, but Theo was waiting for them. Vera forgot her manners as she hastily wiped her hands onto the pajama shorts she changed into, and kissed Theo's cheek.

"Thank thou for being quick, thou pretty lady. Nay, thou apple of my eye."  The idiot, her idiot, began speaking in Shakespearean English.

"Thank thou for waiting, dear lover. Let us feast." She declared as they walked hand in hand towards the dining room.

Pansy grinned at their relationship with a roll of her almond shaped green eyes. "You guys are so stupid."

Vera laughed while Theo nodded in agreement, swinging their intertwined hands between them.

Yeah... stupidly in love, she thought, smiling bright. So stupid.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
a/n:

word count: 1046

hi babies i hope you enjoyed this chapter even though its so short.

i love you guys! make sure to vote and comment :)

something about theodore nott man...