29

Chin may we go outside and talk. Kevin you come too. Okay bro! What's wrong Antonio? Let's go outside first Kevin. I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

We finally were inside where it was cooler. Several of us  were inside telling our supervisors what was occurring.

I was told a little while ago that my cousin,Katelyn is dying due to heart complications.  They tried everything.  She just found out about a week ago. Bro I am so sorry. Me too Antonio. What do you need from me? Chin I need to take family leave immediately. She asked all the family to leave for Italy tomorrow.  She has already planned everything.  She is not sure if she has a week or several weeks. She wants us to have fun and dance tonight.  Of course, just submit the requesr on line.  I will approve it immediately.  Please keep this from others. She is not ready for all to know yet. Of course, bro you can tell Diandra and Chin you can tell Mia. 

Antonio cried a little bit and we held him.

I need to wash my face. 

Nazanin left with him.

Kevin do you want to go with him? You will have to take a leave of absence or use your sick leave which I will approve.  You sure? Yes I will have two other detectives get the suv tonight.  He needs you. Thanks Chin. If we can do anything let me know.  I will need Diandra to stay until the day. I understand. Bro, I will be going with you. Tonight I will pack and Diandra has to stay. Chin Thanks for doing this.

We hugged again and went outside.

Tommy of course I will cover for you. Please tell Katelyn and the others we will be praying for you all. Thanks.

Tommy went to freshen up.

Jill please take care of him. I will. I already notified my employees that I will be gone and they will have to run the business in my absence.  He is taking it hard like the others.  I would too. Babe you ready to go back outside? Yes.

Ryan I know you have your career but wonder if you would like to take over my position as executive director for the homeless project.  I have been looking into who I know can do a good job. I had you vetted as well as others. I am not worried about you being a porn star.  You are trying to reinvent yourself and this will do it. I am honored.  You have a bachelors in finance. Yes I do.  Please come with us tomorrow.  This means you will have to give up your porn career. I was leaving tomorrow back. I will ask Abigail to fly you back to get your bags and pass port. Is it up to date? Yes.  We will be leaving at 11 tomorrow morning.  I will make sure you learn what I know.  I will also leave you my truck. I use my truck for the project at times. I will pay for you to relocate here. Thank you for trusting me with such a big change.  May I hug you? Yes. I will need to find a home. I am confident baby girl will have you stay with her and Dorothy until you do.

I sat back down to rest and talk to the others who were clueless. 

Julia would you like to dance with me? I love to Tommy. This will give Maura, Jane and Lisa time to talk.

Sis you ready to dance? Yes Carlo.  We will slow dance. Okay thanks.

Juanita I am so sorry about your sister.  Mandi and I will cover for you. Just let us know if you need anything else.  I will. Its just so quick for me to grasp this.

They hugged me and left to slow dance with their wives and most likely tell them.

Juanita let's dance.  Thanks Matt.