Part 34

"What?" Jen responded, still not quite believing that Chris was even there.
"I just... found some things in Michal's apartment that I want you to see," Chris said, his eyes darting between Jennifer and the apartment behind her.

He led Jennifer into Michal's bathroom.
Jennifer had no idea what Chris could possibly need from her. She'd only been in Michal's apartment a couple of times, maybe three? She was trying to remember, suddenly tallying what rooms she had seen, what ones she hadn't.
She hadn't seen the bathroom.
Chris opened the mirror above Michal's sink, which surprised Jen. She hadn't noticed that the mirror was a cabinet.
Jen's jaw almost dropped.
All of the shelves were full of orange bottles.
Prescription bottles.
"I had no idea either," Chris said after looking at Jennifer for a moment.
"I looked at all of them, I spent all last night doing that, and all of them have his name on them, which means that at least he wasn't getting them from other people."
Jen had no idea what to think, what to do. Were all of these his? If they were, then how did he get all of them? Was this even legal?
As Jen's eyes scanned the rows of bottles, she recognized some of the names; she had switched medications through the years as she and her family were trying to figure out what medication would help her the most.

"I was just wondering if you had any idea about this," Chris asked in a way that made Jen think he just wanted some answers.
"No, I had no idea he even took any prescription medication," Jen answered, still glued to the cabinet.
He was sick, but was he this sick?
"I'll figure this out, ok?" Chris responded, taking a step away from the cabinet and running his hand through his hair.
Jen stared at that cabinet for a long time.