Part 41

Michal had told Jen very little about his family; she really only knew that he had a mom, a dad, and a brother.
Today she was going to find out more.
She took the photo album under one arm, marched out, closed the door, and went back to her apartment. When she got inside she went straight to her couch and put the album on her lap.
The album was heavy; very big and a dark raspberry color. It had a label with the word Johnson's on the front. Jen ran her hand over the front cover for a moment before opening the cover promptly.
The first couple of pages were of the family just doing normal family stuff. She turned the page and saw a picture of what had to be Michal as a young boy. He was crouched down, his bony knees visible, covering up most of his dark blue swim trunks in the shot. He was holding some sand loosely in his open palms and his face was on full display with him giving a wide grin, obviously proud of himself. Jen smiled.
The rest of the photo album was full of trips and holidays, family get-togethers. 
Until the last three pages.
The last three pages were taken in the woods, and in some of the shots Jen could see a cabin which made her automatically assume Chris had taken them.
The pictures on the first page were just of the woods. The second page had small animals.
The last page was of a skinned deer, hanging in the trees.
Jen touched the page lightly with her hand, feeling the plastic that was covering the photo move around slightly.
Then, as Jen started to look at the photo more closely, she began to see little spots of red in between the pink meat of the deer, with the head and eye cavities dark. The more she looked, the more the deer seemed to be filled up with blood until it started to ooze and drip out of folds in the taught muscles while the eye sockets began to fill up and spill over and run down the sides of the deer and -
Jen gasped awake, still on the couch with the album open in her lap.
It was dark in her apartment, and she was alone.