Let me prove it

Raven POV

I melt, I melt straight into him. His lips on mine, his hands on my face. Nothing in me wants to work, my brain is frozen, until I hear him moan and then I suddenly realise what's happening. I push him away and stare at him in shock.
"What the hell?"
"Ray please. I love you and I want...."
"Don't you dare finish that sentence, you don't want me jax. You just want another rebound"
"That's not true"
"Really? So tara wasn't a rebound for me and Wendy wasn't a rebound for Tara and then oh yeah tara again and then ima. It's what you do jax, now ima has gone it's my turn again? No. I won't be used like that Jax"

I rush down the ladder and walk towards my car, I can hear him following me but I just want to go.
"Wait please" his hands curls around my arm and turns me around.
"Ray, I don't look at you as a rebound. I should have never let you go in the first place" I shake my head and try to walk away but he doesn't let me "I know okay, my track record I know. But please I begging you, stay for a couple of weeks let me prove to you I've changed and all I want is you and Abel. Please Ray?"
I sigh, looking at him right now I can tell he is telling me the truth but I also know I need to protect my heart.

"Fine. 2 weeks Jax. If you mess up once I'm gone for good"
He smirks "okay"
"I'm going to stay at happy's place while I'm here. He's offered me his spare room"
"Are you sure? You can always...."
I shake my head "no Jax. We both know that's not a good idea. I'm willing to give you a chance to prove yourself Jax but I can't promise you I can give you everything right now. It's going to take time"
"I know. No pushing just please believe me"
I nod and he kisses my cheek "do you want to come spend the day with me and Abel tomorrow? He's missed you so much"

"Yeah that's sounds nice"
"Okay great. Why don't you say bye to everyone and I'll drop you off?"
"I can drive Jax, I've not drank that much"
"Ok. As long as your sure"
"I'm sure"
I head on inside and say my goodbyes promising everyone I won't just disappear on them, I head back to my car and pull out into the empty roads. Charming was always quiet around this time and I liked it. Gave me a chance to think, I don't know if Jax is going to be able to do this or not and truthfully I don't know if I want him too. Being with Jax is a scary concept and last time I ended up hurt so I don't hold out much hope.