Now what...

Raven POV

I've been ready for an hour and there has been no sign of Jax, I've tried calling and texting but nothing.
"I'm sure he has a good explanation Ray"
I look at Donna and nod, I know she's right. I'm sure he wouldn't just stand me up. After what feels like forever there is finally a knock on the door, I rush over "finally..." I look up and see Chibs staring back at me.
"What happened?"
"It's Jax, you need to come to the hospital"
I nod, climb on the back of his bike and we race towards the hospital. I knew something was bound to go wrong.

As well pull up, I climb off and run towards the hospital. I see gemma and she immediately hugs me.
"He's in surgery right now, should be out soon okay"
"Where's Abel?"
"Neeta has him. He's okay"
I nod "what happened?" My voice cracks as I struggle to keep my emotions in.
"We were driving back and we were ambushed"
"By who?"
They all look to clay who looks away from me.
"Clay? Who?"
"We think it was some relation to the guy we dealt with who attacked you"

"This is because of me"
Gemma quickly cups my face "no sweetheart this is not on you"
She pulls me to her and hugs me tightly, I hear some behind me and see the doctor who must be dealing with Jax.
"Teller family"
We nod "okay, he is out of surgery and he is doing well. We got the bullets out and he should make a full recovery, he's just stiring from the anaesthetic now"
"Thank you doctor"
"Of course. You may go see him but 1 at a time"
"Ray you go first honey"
"No Gem he's your son"

"Trust me he will want to see you first"
I smile "thank you"
I follow the doctor and he lets me into jaxs room, I see him lay in the bed. Bruised and pale, he looks so weak. I sit down next to him and take his hand.
"Hey, I thought you stood me up. But just getting into trouble again. What am I going to do with you?" I let out a chuckle and wipe away the tears that are falling. I feel him squeeze my hand and he slowly turns his head. I look and he smirking "I would never stand you up" he croaks and I smile.
"Hey baby"
"Hey princess"

I can't control it any longer and let out a sob, I lean my head on his hand and he placed his hand on top of head.
"Ray I'm okay"
I shake my head "you could have died"
"I didn't. I'm here"
"I'm so sorry Jax"
"Hey" he moves my face to look at him "this isn't your fault. I'll be fine okay"
I nod and gently pulls my hand "I can't Jax I don't want to hurt you"
"Hey, I want to hold my girl so please..."
He pats the side of the bed and carefully moves over so I can lay with him.

As I place my head on his chest I hear him groan and I shoot up "Jax..."
"No. I'm fine, just lay more on my shoulder okay"
"Okay"
I lay back down carefully and he wraps his arms around me.
"I'm sorry I missed our date"
"It's okay"
"The dress looks amazing"
I giggle "I love it thank you Jax"
"Your welcome. I was really looking forward to seeing you in that tonight"
"Not out of it?"
He chuckles "ever the bad girl Ray"
"Always"