Chapter 1 Family

It was almost time for the Arise Festival. It was clear and windy; the flowers were about to blossom, and the grass was mostly green. People are getting ready to prepare their houses and to gather to celebrate at the center of the city. Like every morning, Etzia wakes up earlier than her family. Etzia was getting ready to meet with her friends. Juda has dark skin with curly hair; Zeno has white skin with blue eyes; Hayeong has almond-shaped eyes with dark hair; and Janel has light brown skin with brown hair. They were getting ready for the festivities that will take place in one week. Etzia and her friends went to the store because they were close to buying food for their family. Later on, when they finish their chores, they get their bicycles and meet up at their usual spot to hang out. They stood together to talk about their day. Suddenly, Juda mentions to the group that in the next few months he will no longer be coming in the afternoons because he wants to improve his levels, even though he is doing well, and he will need to be ready for the finals. Everyone agrees that the council is to be the first thing to be prepared for the council to resign, which role they will get. When it was time, everyone said their goodbyes and met up until they got their roles. Etzia knows about her friends and that they do anything to bring pride to the council.

When she returned home, she was waiting for dinner with her family. In the kitchen, her two older siblings were helping her mother; the oldest was Veerk, and Kalise was the second. Both have white skin and dark hair, like Etzia, which takes from their mom. Mom asked Etzia to look for Riette, who was the youngest of the family. She has brown hair and lighter skin, like her father. Etzia went to the living room, found her playing with her toys, and told her it was time to eat. Later, the family was gathered and ready to have dinner, and during dinner, the family talked about their day like every day.

One week passed, and the Arise festival began. The four communities-the north, east, west, and south-were gathering together to start the festivities. Schools were closed, the streets were busy, and the stores were closing. All the people were ensemble in the city. Everyone is preparing to celebrate family closeness, wishes for the future, and prosperity.

Etzia was with her family, enjoying every single moment. She went to look for her familiars so they would also have time before they went back to school. They were at the food stand eating a lot of sweets, even though she is not a sweet person. They got together, and she bought sandwiches to eat on the way. Everyone was in the ensemble in Illumine Square, where the council was. Illumine Square - a place where people gather to see the Light Council during the festivities. It has a colorful ceiling that changes colors, and it can turn on and off. Also, the ceiling is like a screen that shows words that the Light Council is saying. Light Council is given a speech, thanked, and congratulated for their people's efforts. In the crowd, Etzia saw a kid with blonde hair; green eyes, and she was wearing a green uniform. The girl was wondering, and as she walked toward the food stand, Etzia kept looking at her more because she was somehow different. Etzia was still looking at her movements closely to not miss anything. The girl grabbed her money from her wallet, and suddenly something caught Etzia's attention. The girl took out different papers from the wallet, which somehow looked like money. Finally, she grabs the money that looks like the money from the inhabitants, and she pays her order. Etzia had never seen strange papers before. Etzia wanted to be close to her to find out more about her. When it was time to leave, Etzia's mom called her; Etzia asked her to have a few more minutes, and her mom said yes. Later on, when Etzia went back to where the girl was before, by the time she got to her spot, she was gone.

Author Note: If you see italics, it is the narrator telling from their perspective.

Familiars are people close to Etzia they don't use the word friends.

Etzia eating sandwiches.

Familiars eating sweets