Chapter 10 The Final Strike

One step toward being enlisted in the branches. Everyone who was gathered to take the examination. All the newcomers who were 13 and the early participants were all present. The examiners from top squads from each branch are given instructions. There are 9 examiners who will test their abilities. But there was a familiar appearance. Etzia saw the girl at the Arise festival. Her squad is the top of her branch, Hera squad, and she is an examiner. There are also some staff members and the branch leaders to see the progress of their trainees. They're doing life transmission for the Light Council to see the trainees doing the test.

Avery

"I am Avery Morton. We are here to see if you are ready to join the branches. You have to get 1200 points total. You have to go to each section of the test, which are 30 laps to see your stamina, standing long jump, grip strength, a maze and virtual combat. Also, you will be able to have combat with the examiners. That stage will also help to give additional points if you need in order to pass."

In the first section, Etzia got 300 points from competing in the 30 laps. The next stage was stanfing long jump, she jump12 feet long. Grip strength was 150 1bs made 100 points. is the structure of the maze changes at schedule times, and they will all be given a random entry point. at designed areas within the maze there will be drinks and snacks so its arght for you all to take a break. It's alright to use handgear in this exam to find the exit. Etzia got 200 points. The virtual combat Etzia is where she uses the handgear to wipe out the targets, which are mechanical creatures of different sizes that earned 400 points. The final section of the test was to have a combat on one of the top of the branches, which was Avery.

Avery

"Hello, you are the one who left the nest at 12 years old. Now you can show me what you got. I will try my best to not harm you in the test. This test is about how well you perform in combat."

Her handgear transformed into a spear; the other side was shaped like a cylinder, and she started running toward Etzia with great speed and jumped 13 feet high (tall of a house) and she swung the spear towards Etzia. Etzia stopped with her connector with her reflexes, the impact making the ground crack, but Avery had the advantage of strength and threw Etzia, making her lay on the ground.

Etzia

"~Kugh..."

"Why didn't you warn me that we start it?"

Etzia stands up one leg at a time.

Avery

"This is a proper greeting that I give to the examinees.

It is hard to believe that is what my power can do. Allow me to show you again."

She walks towards her and tries to swing to Etzia to her left side.

"It's called reality, because you need to have experience to be great."

Etzia

"Dont entertainment yourself too much by hitting me."

Avery

"It comes from the job."

Etzia has an idea of how to hit her; she needs another 8 seconds to regain enough speed.

8... 7... 6... 5... 

Etzia

"... By the way Avery, I've always been curious about distractions."

Avery 

So, what do mean.

 Etzia throws objections at Avery, moving behind her back and hitting her. Avery blocks it before she makes more hits. As she steps back, she notices that Etzia left her with a scratch on her left cheek.

Avery

"I never expected you to use that trick like that.

You pass."

Etzia

[Huff huff] panting, standing while holding her connector.

"~Thanks." (she whispers)

Avery

"You made it without going unconscious.

You can go to Tanner, who will help you with your wounds that are left in your body."

Etzia went to Tanner, where he gave her a pinkish bolus that can help heal her minor injuries. He also treated the participants with other colors for different purposes, called Arsen mint.

Everyone passed, and the examiners are now giving the results to the trainees, depending on which branch they will be in.

Examiner

"Etzia, you will be in the Eunji branch."

Etzia

I started heading to their building, where I will stay. They give me an ISB which is an ID that tells me about myself. It is scanning my ID to enter the headquarters and to the dorms. I got my new uniform, with a green sweater and green pants. They arrange for me to be in the squad in Rion. They told us that tomorrow we would have our first mission.

A/N

Bolus is a rounded mass that is chewed in the form of a pill.

ISB (Identification Sensory Bracelet)

Happy Halloween!