Chap 38 - Allies or foes

Detective Collins was known far and wide for his sharp wit and knack for solving the most baffling of cases. His latest mystery, involving the sudden disappearance of several cats across the city, had him intrigued. Each case seemed to be shrouded in eerie silence, with no witnesses, no evidence, and no clues to follow. As he sat at his cluttered desk in the dimly lit office, the photos of the missing felines staring back at him only added to his curiosity. Collins scratched his head, pondering the peculiar nature of these disappearances. Cats were known for their independence, but the sudden vanishing act of so many within a short span of time was unprecedented. Determined to get to the bottom of the mystery, Collins decided to hit the streets. He visited the homes of the distraught owners, listened to their tales of loss and desperation, and scoured the neighborhoods for any leads. But everywhere he turned, he hit a dead end. as Collins walked down a deserted alleyway, his keen eyes caught a glint of something metallic in the shadows. Curiosity piqued, he approached cautiously, he drew his revolver and aimed it at the intruder. To his surprise, he found a small door hidden behind a pile of trash. Without hesitation, Collins pushed it open and stepped inside. What he saw took his breath away. The dimly lit room was filled with cages.

Detective Collins

So there you are. 

As he inspected the cages, Collins noticed a figure lurking in the shadows. With a swift movement.

Professor Clade 

I didn't know the trackers will find me so soon.

Never mind you are not a tracker because trackers will never use a revolver against me.

Professor show his numen abilities.

Detective Collins

I see I will not be needing this.

Detective Collins start the fight. He does his first kick pushing him away and professor blocking his kick by his hands.

Professor Clade

So, you are a tracker. 

Detective Collins

You can say I'm a tracker.

Professor Clade

You will never get me and my research.

Aziel and Cyd are looking for the cat together.

Aziel 

Mmmm is not here.

Where could it be? What troublesome.

I'm sure he'll be fine why should be worried about.

Cyd

We have to find it for Etzia.

Aziel

But it bothers me that he's nowhere to be found, plus Etzia should be lying low.

You know is weird talking to a collar.

Etzia was walking to the streets until she found the cat that she save.

Etzia

What are you doing here. At least you are walking.

Suddenly Elson was behind of Etzia.

Elson

So, you are the one who took the cat and now you are finally feeling guilty and tryingE to return to us. Since when they recruit young trackers.