Chap 11 - Portal

Today was the day when the Light Council revealed the newcomers' information about the portal. Etzia went to Eunji headquarters, where all the agents would be. Etzia was in her squad, and she met the other members. The Rion squad leader was Rick Soames aged 17, Asahi Takada aged 15, Haruka Omori aged 8 years old, Hyeon Mun, aged 13, Arlo Avila aged 13, and Anjali Advani, aged 12 years old, the same age as Etzia. Etzia didn't know Haruka would be in the squad that she would be in. Each member of the squad had a backpack filled with supplies and each of them have different set with them which were yellow, orange, red, blue, green, indigo and violet. They may be young, but they determined and ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead.

The Light Council created a set of different colored boluses that he distributed to their squads for various purposes. The squads were instructed to take each of them when they needed it later on. The Arsen indigo mint can help to not feel hungry for 12 hours; the Arsen white mint is for headaches or stomachaches; the Arsen blue mint; the Arsen orange mint is for diseases; the Arsen pink mint is for a sore body; the Arsen yellow mint is for energy; the Arsen red mint is for body temperature; it lasts 12 hours; the Arsen green mint is for bacteria if they get a cold or a fever; the Arsen violet mint is for nausea and dizziness; the Arsen grey mint is for anti-spite; and the Arsen black pill is for making a person sleep for 6 hours. The agents don't know what the other bolus is used for, but the only bolus they were familiar with was the Arsen pink mint, which was used for soothing sore muscles after intense training sessions.

 They marveled at their leader's ingenuity and foresight. With each bolus serving a specific purpose, they were better equipped to handle whatever challenges came their way, knowing that they had the power of Light Council behind them.

The council sent the agents years ago and they only have entrance to that world. Now they are sending the new recruits over there. the agents of the Light council were gathered, their eyes fixed on a large screen that flickered to life. The council members appeared in holographic form; their faces somber yet determined. They spoke of a world called Ecral, a place unknown to the agents, where they were to be deployed.

As the holographic transmission continued, the council explained the purpose of their mission is to bring progress. With a final message of encouragement, the council bid the agents farewell and the holographic images flickered out of existence. They must go and do what they have to do.

Someone turns on the portal machine, and everyone starts heading towards the portal with no fear; the main priority is to bring accomplishments. They don't know how long they will stay or what lies ahead of them. Then, when they entered, there was a light that flashed before their eyes, making everything around them disappear. At that time, everyone sees clearly. It was in a different scenery and there were different things that they had never seen before. Another world is possible. Another world was unjust, which seems unreal.

The sky was different, and strange creatures roamed the land, All the agents appeared in a remote area in a grassland, and then the other squads went their separate ways. Rick, the squad leader, told the members about the location they would be going to. It will take hours to walk. They pass a cliff where the water falls that they never had at Astraeus; they just kept going to their destination. The Rion squad reaches a forest where they have never seen tall trees before, and it has a lot of vegetation. When they finish collecting the Begamites, they will go to Creon.

Etzia slowly walks around the branches, leaves crunching underneath her feet. She doesn't know how to feel; she is not scared, but not happy either; she is calm. She just felt nothing; she feels empty. I looked around, but still nothing. All she sees are tall trees and a dark sky, with the bright moon lighting up the night. Rick told everyone to camp there tonight to rest up, and they told the members that if they are feeling too cold in the night, they can take Arsen red mint. Etzia feels numb from the cold and takes an Arsen red mint to help her body warm up, even though she is in a tent, covered with her blankets, and sleeping with her sweater on, now she is warm up. Why is she there?