Coffee Break Special ☕

Happy Holidays Special *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Open Box

A little girl was wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight, and she made something months ago but didn't want to put it inside the box. The man became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning. She said, "This is for you, Daddy."

The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again. He yelled at her, stating, Don't you know when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, I do have your present, but it is not beautiful." The little girl gives her Daddy her sculpture, and he looks closely at the sculpture. It has something attached to it, a piece of paper; it has something written inside, a poem. The sculpture was made by her daughter and looked like him and her.

He was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

He told her daughter why she didn't put it in the box. I wanted to buy something beautiful, so I wanted it to have a box like everyone else, but I didn't have enough to buy you something pretty in the store; the box was the cheapest, and I didn't want you to see you without a present box under the Christmas tree and feel the way you should open the box. Next time, don't buy me a box; not everything has to be in the box; the only thing that counts is the present that you made with your heart. You don't need a box so elegant to make me special. You are my special gift.

P.S.  

Holiday reminds us that we're here for something else beside ourselves.

Happy Holidays!!!