Chapter 2: Unexpected confessions

Bakugo's POV:

"Kacchan, can I talk to you?" Deku asked, catching me off guard. I looked at him with a mix of annoyance and curiosity. "What do you want, Deku?" I replied, not interested in leaving my seat.

"Can I talk to you in the hallway, Kacchan?" he requested. I sighed, not really wanting to get up. "It's really important," he said. I finally agreed, muttering, "Okay, whatever, nerd." I followed him out of the classroom, wondering what could be so important.

As we walked, Deku looked down at me, surprised that I had agreed. I shot him a glare, demanding an explanation. "Well, what are you wanting for, nerd?" I yelled, hitting the side of his head. Eraser Head, our teacher, interrupted, telling us to keep it down. Deku apologized, bowing in respect for our teacher.

I walked to the door, wondering why Deku wanted to see me outside. He could have just told me whatever he had to say in there. "Kacchan, wait up," he said, following behind me. I stepped out into the hallway, waiting for Deku to join me. He closed the door behind him, and I turned to face him, annoyed. "Okay, nerd, what do you want now?" I asked, irritation in my voice.

Deku's expression turned serious. "Okay, Kacchan, I'm about to do something, and you have to promise me that you won't start yelling," he said. I raised an eyebrow, irritated by his request. "What the fuck are you going to do, and why shouldn't I yell?" I snapped.

Without warning, Deku grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, carrying me bridal style. I was taken aback, trying to process what was happening. In that moment, I realized the position we were in and demanded to be put down, whispering my to avoid drawing attention from other classrooms.

"It's okay, Kacchan. Don't be embarrassed," Deku said, smiling. I scoffed, not wanting anyone to witness the great Bakugo being carried by this nerd. "I'm not embarrassed, nerd. Now put me down," I said, my face heating up.

"I know you'll probably kill me later, but can I take you somewhere before we go back to class?" Deku asked, his voice filled with sadness and hope. I looked into his eyes, a moment of silence passing between us. Finally, I broke eye contact and replied, "Fine, whatever, nerd. Just make it quick."

Deku activated his One For All quirk, and after a few minutes, we arrived at the playground where we used to play when we were little. I couldn't understand why he had brought me here. "This is what I wanted to show you," Deku said. I couldn't help but sound unimpressed. "You didn't have to show me this. I already know what it looks like. If that's all, let's get back to school. We still have classes," I said, sighing.

"No, Kacchan, there's more. Just give me a minute," Deku said, sounding nervous. I rolled my eyes, dismissing his request. After wasting a few precious minutes, the nerd finally got his act together. "Alright, I'm ready," he muttered, his face turning a ridiculous shade of red. I had to remind him to put me down, and as he did, it hit me just how much he had grown. The bastard was now standing at a towering 6 feet, while I still remained at 5'8".

"Umm, Kacchan," Deku stuttered. I snapped out of my thoughts, focusing on him. "I've been meaning to ask you something for a while now, but I didn't know how you would react," he confessed. I furrowed my brows, trying to understand what he meant. "What do you mean, nerd?" I asked.

Deku grabbed me by the waist, and my heart skipped a beat. "I like you, Kacchan. Can you be my boyfriend?" he asked, his voice filled with hope and worry.

My mind went blank, and I couldn't find the words to respond. The playground, once a symbol of our friendship, now became the backdrop for this life-changing moment. We stood there, our hearts pounding, waiting for my answer.

==========================================

Word Count:669

Please make sure to vote <3