Chapter 14: Unspoken Emotions

Hello Babes,

I apologize for my absence over the past six days. I wanted to ensure that this chapter in the story are meticulously written to provide you with the best reading experience, for you my dear readers. Without further ado, I present to you Chapter 14 of Conflicted Hearts.

I hope you enjoy it!

==========================================

Deku's POV: 

It had been two long months since that incident in Kacchan's room. The words he spat at me, the anger in his eyes, and the way he demanded that I leave still haunted my thoughts. I couldn't understand what I had done wrong, and he refused to offer any explanation. Every attempt to reach out to him was met with silence, his gaze averted, as if I no longer existed. The silence between us grew, filling the classroom with an uncomfortable tension.

I watched him, observing the way he isolated himself, refusing to interact with anyone in the class. It frightened me to witness such a drastic change in him. He became withdrawn, a mere echo of the fiery and confident Kacchan we all knew. He would leave for class before anyone else, skipping meals at lunchtime, and disappearing into dorms after school, retreating to his dorm room for the rest of the night. It had become his routine, a self-imposed exile.

"Midoriya, head up! No sleeping in my class, you know that," Sensei Aizawa's stern voice interrupted my thoughts. I quickly lifted my head, offering a sheepish apology before glancing out the window, lost in my own worries.

"Alright, everyone, we're going to do some hero combat today," Sensei Aizawa announced, walking towards the door. We all got up, ready to follow him, except for Kacchan. He remained seated, his gaze fixed on his desk, lost in his own world.

"Eraserhead, can I come later? There's something I have to do," Kacchan spoke up, his voice sounding unusually weak.

"What's that 'something,' problem child?" Sensei Aizawa inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"Just... something," Kacchan replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Just make sure to join us in the field later," Sensei Aizawa sighed, clearly concerned. "Yes, Eraserhead," Kacchan responded, his voice lacking its usual confidence.

We followed Sensei Aizawa to the training field, beginning our warm-up exercises. But Kacchan's absence weighed heavily on our minds. Sensei Aizawa, growing impatient, tapped his foot repeatedly, waiting for Kacchan to show up.

"Problem child, go find him," Sensei Aizawa commanded, his tone leaving no room for argument.

"Why me?" I protested, feeling a mix of reluctance and concern.

"Because you two are..." Sensei Aizawa started to say before I cut him off, my determination overriding any doubts. "I'm going, I'm going," I declared, rushing towards Class 1-A.

I searched the empty classroom, but he was nowhere to be found. A growing sense of worry consumed me as I scoured the school, checking every corner, every hiding spot. Still, there was no sign of Kacchan. The weight of anxiety pressed down on my chest, making it difficult to breathe.

Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning. The dorms. How could I have overlooked such an obvious place? I sprinted towards the dormitory building, my heart pounding in my ears. Climbing the stairs two at a time, I reached Kacchan's room and froze when I heard a sound that pierced through the silence – crying.

I knocked on the door, my heart aching with concern. No response. I knocked again, and this time, I heard shuffling from inside. The door swung open abruptly,  revealing Kacchan standing before me. His face was etched with an unmistakable fury, and his eyes were swollen. "What the fuck do you want, extra!?" he barked, his voice laced with frustration.

But then, something unexpected happened. His eyes widened in surprise, as if seeing me for the first time. "Deku?" he whispered, his voice trembling.

I mustered a small smile, relief washing over me. "Hi, Kacchan," I said softly, the words carrying the weight of our shared history and unspoken emotions.

==========================================

Word Count:680

Please make sure to vote <3