Chapter 47: A Tender Reunion

In honor of Bakugo's birthday, I wanted to share a special chapter with you all. So, here they are!

----------------------------------------------------------

Bakugo's POV:

I woke up to a white ceiling, my surroundings unfamiliar. Sitting up abruptly, I scanned the room, confusion clouding my mind. Where the fuck am I? The last thing I remembered was... Deku.

Pushing aside the blankets, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, my head spinning slightly. The room didn't look like the old classroom, something was off. Then it hit me—I was in the hospital.

Ignoring the IV line trailing from my arm, I strode to the door and pushed it open, stepping out into the corridor. My eyes darted around until I spotted familiar faces—Mina and Eraserhead. Before I could say anything, Mina spotted me and with a loud yell, she tackled me to the ground in a bone-crushing hug.

"Pinky, what the hell?!" I grunted, struggling against her grip. But she didn't relent, squeezing me tighter.

After what felt like an eternity, she finally released me, and I pushed myself up into a sitting position, rubbing my sore ribs.

"What's going on?" I demanded, glancing between Mina and Aizawa-sensei.

Aizawa-sensei's expression was as unreadable as ever as he observed me with his sharp gaze. "You were injured during the confrontation with Uraraka. We brought you here for treatment," he explained calmly.

"And where's Deku?" I interjected, my voice sharper than intended.

Aizawa-sensei's gaze softened slightly. "He's in another hospital room. He's stable, but he's still unconscious," he replied, his tone grave.

I felt a knot form in my stomach at the thought of Deku lying injured in a hospital bed. "I need to see him," I said firmly, determination burning in my chest.

Narrator's POV:

In the brightly-lit hospital hallway, Aizawa-sensei's voice sliced through the heavy air, his words laden with concern as he assisted Bakugo to his feet. "You're not going to see him; you just woke up. You need rest," he advised, his tone firm yet gentle.

Bakugo's eyes blazed with determination as he countered, "But I need to see him." His desperation was palpable, a raw emotion etched into every word.

Aizawa-sensei's brows furrowed, his gaze unwavering. "He could hurt you again. We can't take any chances," he cautioned, his protective instincts kicking into high gear.

Before Bakugo could protest further, Mina's voice interjected, cutting through the tension. "Aizawa-sensei, maybe we should let him go," she suggested, her tone thoughtful yet resolute.

Curiosity flickered in Aizawa-sensei's eyes as he turned to Mina. "Why would we do that?" he questioned, his interest piqued.

Mina hesitated, her expression conflicted. "I... can't say why," she admitted, a sense of secrecy lacing her words. "I promised Deku I wouldn't tell anyone."

A heavy silence hung in the air. After a moment of contemplation, Aizawa-sensei relented, his decision made. With a nod, he consented to take Bakugo to Deku's hospital room.

----------------------------------------------------------

Deku's POV:

My eyes flutter open, and I'm met with the sterile white walls of the hospital room. Memories rush back like a turbulent tide, crashing against the shores of my consciousness—the chaos, the confrontation, the struggle. I slowly push myself into a sitting position, the weight of recent events heavy on my mind.

The door creaks open, drawing my attention, and I watch as familiar figures step into the room—Kacchan, Mina, and Aizawa-sensei. Kacchan's appearance catches my eye immediately; he's covered in bandages, a stark reminder of the danger I put him through.

Our eyes meet, and for a fleeting moment, time seems to freeze. Kacchan's expression shifts, a mix of relief, worry, and something else I can't quite decipher. Then, without hesitation, he rushes toward me, closing the distance in a blur of motion.

Before I can react, he's on my lap, his arms wrapping around me in a tight embrace. The suddenness of his actions catches me off guard, but I find myself instinctively responding, my arms encircling him in return. It feels oddly natural as if this is where he's always belonged—in my arms, close to my heart.

For a moment, we simply hold onto each other, the world outside our embrace fading into insignificance. There's a warmth in his touch, a familiarity that soothes the turmoil within me. Despite everything that's happened, I can't help but feel a sense of peace settle over me in his embrace.

"I hate that I love you," Kacchan's voice breaks the silence, heavy with emotion. His admission catches me off guard, stirring a mixture of conflicting feelings within me. "I love you too, Kacchan," I respond softly, the words carrying a weight of sincerity.

Our words hang in the air, a raw honesty that echoes between us. If it weren't for Mina and Aizawa-sensei's presence in the room, I'm certain tears would have welled up in his eyes. But even in this moment of vulnerability, he holds onto me tightly, seeking solace in our shared embrace.

I return his hug with equal fervor, squeezing him gently as if to reassure him that I'm still here and that despite everything, we'll find a way through this together. At that moment, I'm grateful—for Kacchan's forgiveness, for his unwavering support, and for the chance to hold him close once again.

==========================================

Word Count: 852