Chapter 30: Shadows of Doubt

Deku's POV:

It was... Kacchan. I quickly got up and ran toward him, my heart pounding in my chest. I couldn't help but embrace him in a hug, and to my surprise, he hugged me back. Confusion washed over me as I remembered how furious he had been with me just moments ago. But maybe, just maybe, he was willing to hear me out.

"Kacchan, listen. I know you hate me, and you regret dating me, but-" I began, but before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off.

"Don't worry, Izuku. I already forgave you," Kacchan said, his words catching me off guard. Shock and relief coursed through me simultaneously. It was a relief to know that he had forgiven me, but it also left me questioning his sudden change of heart.

Something didn't feel right. Kacchan never called me Izuku, not even when he was mad. He would either refer to me as a nerd or use my last name, Midoriya. I let go of him and instinctively took a step back, a sense of unease creeping up my spine.

"W̷̢̞̩͂̕h̵̟̒͛͐ͅȃ̶̡̛̺̫ṭ̶̰̌͂̽'̷̤̣̒̈́s̷͎̄̐ ̵̣̝͌̔ẅ̵̜́r̴͈̃̿̔ȯ̶̲͜n̸̨̼̈́̐̿ḡ̶̫,̴̺̑̎̕ ̷͔͂I̴̗͕͛̀z̴̻͝ǔ̵̩̼k̷̫͈̓̒̈́ư̶͚̈̅?̷͇̄" a distorted voice echoed, growing closer with each step it took toward me. My heart raced, and a chill ran down my spine. Who was this?

"Who are you?!" I yelled, my voice filled with a mix of fear and determination. The figure continued to approach, glitching and distorting as if it didn't belong in our reality. Everything around us started glitching too, like a malfunctioning digital world.

"W̶̧̻̿͑̓ḩ̷̣̝͂̋̚a̶̤͓͗͊͒t̴̟́̎̋ ̷̡̞́̾͗d̸̪̻̬̉̔͑ó̸̠̺̩̉̐ ̶̨̠̘͗̾̑ỷ̸̩̭̍ȍ̷̼u̵̪̩̔ ̷̖̾̇̂m̸̨̢̭͛̉̑e̷͙̙̐̾̅â̶̛̺̠͝ṅ̸͓̺̝̈́̑?" the distorted voice repeated, growing louder and more unsettling. It felt like nails on a chalkboard, and I instinctively covered my ears, trying to block out the piercing sound.

"Shut up! Go away!" I shouted, my voice shaking with a mix of anger and fear. But then, in an instant, everything went black, engulfing me in darkness.

To be continued...

==========================================

Word Count:310

Please make sure to vote <3

Conflicted Hearts: A Hero's Battle for LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara