Chapter 34: Aching Heart

Hey everyone! As I mentioned in the hidden Promise, this will be my final chapter since Sunny is doing much better now and we'll be heading off to school today (It's 12:32 am). So, without further ado, let's dive right in!

...............................................................................

Deku's POV: 

I sat beside Kacchan's hospital bed; the UA Infirmary wasn't enough, he needed a proper hospital. The doctors mentioned that the bleeding on his forehead wasn't too severe, but due to the explosion, his left hand was broken, requiring stitches from the palm to just above his elbow. Kacchan's mom passed out upon hearing this, and the doctors also declared he couldn't engage in any hero-related work until his arm healed and he got the stitches. He'd need assistance with basic tasks, so I volunteered. This was an opportunity to get closer to him and perhaps reveal the truth. He still hadn't woken up; it had been three days. Everyone visited him, but I stayed all night, heading back to school during the day. The hospital allowed this; I needed to be there if he woke up.

It was 10:39 pm; I sighed, glancing back at Kacchan. Seeing him in this state hurt. After a while, for the first time in three days, he moved. Well, he flinched, but it was something. I stood up, looking at him carefully, and I was right; he did flinch.

"Kacchan, are you awake?" I asked quietly. Nothing was said, but he managed to open his eyes and look around. "Where the fuck am I?" His voice was raspy. I slowly helped him sit up and gave him the water on the nightstand. He drank it without protest. I put the cup down after he finished.

"Kacchan, do you remember anything?"

"Last time I remember is my quirk malfunctioning," he said, looking around.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"My head is killing me, and my arm feels broken." It was still very awkward between us, and I didn't like that he wouldn't even look at me. I thought, "Kacchan, can you at least look at me?" I said.

"Why?"

"Please, Kacchan." He sighed and looked at me. I'd missed looking into his ruby red eyes.

"Why are you here?" he asked, looking away again.

"I'll be with you until your arm heals and you get stitches," I said, looking at his arm.

"Why do I need stitches?"

"The explosion was bad; your palm is badly hurt, and when you got blown into the wall, it also kind of blew up your arm."

Silence.

"Kacchan, are we ever going to talk without it being awkward again?" I looked at him.

"I don't know, Deku; you tell me," he rolled his eyes.

Silence.

"Everyone misses you, even Sensei Aizawa is worried," he answered with a simple nod.

Silence.

"I... I love you, Kacchan."

Silence.

"I really do love you, and I mean it when I say that. I don't like the fact we broke up," I continued. He looked at me.

"Then why did you cheat, Deku?" It sounded like he was about to cry, but I knew he wouldn't do it. He hates crying in front of people, especially me. He says it makes him look weak. (I think crying makes your strong cause your not afraid of your emotions but not everyone thinks that)

"I didn't cheat, Kacchan; it wasn't me. Believe me, I know you probably won't, but when have I ever lied to you?" He was quiet; he knew that I couldn't lie to him.

Silence.

"Kacchan, please. It hurts when you won't talk to me." He looked out the window.

"Just leave, Deku," he said.

"I can't. I have to be with you. I'll be helping you with things when you get discharged."

"Well, I'm not discharged yet, so leave." I knew he wouldn't listen. I got up.

"I love you, Kacchan." I left. I wanted to go back, but Kacchan didn't want to see me, and I didn't want him to be madder than he already was. I just need to find a way to fix this; then maybe he'll forgive me.

...............................................................................

See ya, guys! Gonna miss writing these stories, but hey, you can't always have it all, right? By the way, I'm wondering, should I give writing my own story a shot using Sunny's account?

Please make sure to vote <3