Chapter 26: Unspoken Pain

Narrator's POV:

Two months had passed since that incident, a seemingly insurmountable chasm separating Deku and Bakugo. They hadn't exchanged a single word, leaving Deku with a lingering sense of confusion and unanswered questions. The memory of that day haunted him - the last thing he remembered was about to leave Uraraka in Class 1A when suddenly, darkness engulfed his consciousness, erasing his recollection of what transpired.

Desperate for some semblance of connection, Deku attempted to reach out to Bakugo through text messages, but his efforts were met with silence. The lack of response only deepened his uncertainty, fueling a growing suspicion that Sensei Aizawa held the key to this mysterious rift. It was hard to ignore the fact that Aizawa had always paired him and Bakugo together before this ordeal. But now, their partnership had been shattered, with Aizawa assigning everyone in the class a partner except for Deku and Uraraka. Bakugo seemed to have no qualms about being paired with Mineta, a stark contrast to their previous dynamics.

As the class anxiously awaited Aizawa's arrival, they were met with a surprise. Instead of their usual teacher, All Might, the symbol of peace, walked through the door with unbridled enthusiasm. "Hello, young heroes!" he exclaimed, his voice brimming with excitement. "Unfortunately, Aizawa had to depart for a mission, so I shall be your instructor for the week."

The class erupted in cheers, but two individuals remained disheartened amidst the celebration - Bakugo and Deku. Normally, Deku would have been thrilled to have All Might as his teacher, but today, a cloud of melancholy had settled over him, dampening his spirits.

Unfazed by their lack of enthusiasm, All Might pressed on. "Let us begin the day!" he announced with unwavering excitement, igniting a renewed sense of energy in the room. The rest of the class responded with enthusiasm, but Bakugo and Deku couldn't muster the same level of fervor.

Their situation took a turn for the worse when All Might unveiled the details of the upcoming group project. Bakugo's heart sank as All Might started assigning the teams, and the words he dreaded most echoed through the room. He was to be partnered with two people he least wanted to associate with - Deku and Uraraka.

A heavy sigh escaped Bakugo's lips as the realization settled in. The universe seemed intent on forcing them together, as if challenging them to confront the unresolved tensions that had driven them apart.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Bakugo's POV:

I hated my life, I thought, as I sat in Deku's room with him and Uraraka. The three of us formed a small circle, our legs crossed, but the atmosphere was thick with awkward silence. Deku attempted to break the tension, his voice filled with uncertainty. "So, um... what should our project be about?"

An irritated edge crept into my voice as I responded, "How about what to do if your boyfriend cheats on you?" My frustration was evident. Deku fell silent, and the room once again descended into an uncomfortable hush. After about five agonizing minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. I got up, walked to the door, and opened it abruptly. "You two pick the topic. Once you've decided, tell me, and I'll do everything."

I knew this was a harsh reaction, but I couldn't bear the thought of working with them. Even partnering with Mineta would be a better option. With that, I slammed the door shut and made my way back to my own room. The realization hit me like a heavy blow - I had forgotten my phone in Deku's room. Frustration settled within me, and I let out a sigh of exasperation. Reluctantly, I turned around and headed back to Deku's room, hoping to retrieve my phone quickly.

As I opened the door, I intended to explain my return, but my words died in my throat. My heart sank as I saw Deku lying on the ground, with Uraraka straddling him. Hurt and confusion coursed through my veins, but I remained silent, refusing to confront them about what I had witnessed. Instead, I walked in, grabbed my phone, and hastily fled the room, not bothering to close the door behind me.

Why was I always so unlucky? I pondered, the weight of my emotions almost unbearable. I ran back to my own room, slamming the door shut and locking it. I slid down against the door, tears streaming down my face. The night became a blur of anguish as I cried, my heart burdened by the pain of betrayal and the overwhelming weight of my own emotions.

By tomorrow, I knew my eyes would be swollen and red, but that was the least of my concerns. My heart had been shattered, and the wounds ran deep. I couldn't help but question why life seemed to consistently deal me such a cruel hand. The tears continued to flow as I surrendered to the depths of my sorrow, unsure of how to navigate the tumultuous path ahead.

==========================================

Word Count:820

Please make sure to vote <3