Chapter 46: Echoes of Danger

Conflicted Hearts has hit 1k reads! Thank you so much, guys! I'm actually crying right now! I can't believe everyone likes the book as much as I do! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Love you, guys!

Mina's POV:

The gunshot echoed through the room, the echoes drowning out any other sound. Time seemed to stand still as everyone froze, their attention drawn to the source of the sudden violence.

Instinct kicked in, and I reacted without hesitation. With a swift motion, I pushed Bakugo out of harm's way, shielding him from the impending danger. The bullet whizzed past us, barely missing its target as it embedded itself in the wall behind.

Aizawa-sensei quickly sprung into action, disarming the other masked figure. He knocked out the assailant before checking on our safety. "We need to get Problem Child to safety," he stated firmly.

"I'm not going anywhere," Bakugo retorted defiantly.

"You can't stay here, you're in danger," Aizawa-sensei scolded him, his concern evident.

"This is sweet, but can we get on with it?" Uraraka interjected impatiently, rolling her eyes at our exchange. I shot her a glare.

"Deku, you damn nerd, snap out of it!" Bakugo's voice rang out, filled with frustration and desperation. But despite his efforts, Deku remained unresponsive, his gaze distant and vacant.

"He's not listening, so stop trying," Bakugo growled, his frustration boiling over. 

Bakugo's POV:

Mina's voice cut through the tension like a blade, drawing Uraraka's attention away from Deku. I watched as she launched herself at Uraraka, her movements fast and precise. The sudden attack caught Uraraka off guard, forcing her into a defensive stance.

Now was my chance. With a sense of determination, I moved stealthily toward Deku, my focus solely on reaching him before it was too late. Every step felt like an eternity as I closed the distance between us, my heart pounding in my chest.

As I reached Deku's side, I hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to break through to him. But then I felt a surge of determination coursing through me. It was time to take action.

"Deku," I said firmly, my voice cutting through the chaos around us. "You need to snap out of it. We need you."

I waited, holding my breath, hoping against hope that my words would reach him, that they would break through the fog clouding his mind. And then, to my relief, I saw a flicker of recognition in his eyes, a spark of awareness amidst the darkness.

Helping him slowly stand up, I released my grip when he seemed more awake. I steadied him, my concern growing as I watched him tower over me. But before I could react, his hand shot out, wrapping around my throat with a vice-like grip.

The air was sucked from my lungs, and I struggled to free myself from his grasp, my vision starting to blur. "D-Deku... stop..." I managed to choke out, my voice strained and hoarse. But Deku's grip only tightened, his eyes burning with an intensity that sent a shiver down my spine.

Just as I felt myself losing consciousness, I sensed Deku's body tense, his grip loosening ever so slightly. 

The last sounds I caught were three distinct voices. Then, darkness enveloped me...

==========================================

Word Count:527