Chapter 10: Tangled Emotions

Deku's POV:

As the class continued, I couldn't ignore the intensity of Uraraka's piercing glares aimed at Kacchan. It was evident that her feelings for me hadn't faded, despite my rejection. A mix of guilt and frustration settled within me as I mentally told myself to talk to her after class. But in that moment, my immediate concern was getting through detention with Kacchan after class since me and kacchan were late this morning.

Sensei Aizawa, was responsible for supervising detention, but he would often grew tired and leave the kids alone in the room to take a quick nap. It provided us with an opportunity for privacy, a chance to be ourselves without prying eyes. A mischievous smirk played on my lips as I imagined the thrill of being alone with Kacchan in the classroom, the thought adding an extra layer of excitement.

Lost in my thoughts, I was brought back to reality when Kacchan tapped my table with his pencil, discreetly passing me a note without averting his gaze from the board. Opening the note, I read what Kacchan wrote - "Deku, have you noticed the way Uraraka keeps glaring at me?" A sigh escaped my lips as I wrote back, "Yes, I've noticed. It's time for her to move on. This isn't good for any of us."

I tapped Kacchan's shoulder, and he stretched, allowing me to slip the note back into his hand. I watched as he read my response, he clenched his fits. He quickly scribbled something before passing the note back to me. His words sent a jolt of surprise through me: "I know she's jealous and all, but she needs to understand that you don't like her. Speaking of our relationship, why haven't we told everyone yet, Deku?"

Realization washed over me that Kacchan and I had never discussed revealing our relationship to our classmates. With the added complexity of the Uraraka situation, it became clear that we needed to confront this issue. I stared at the paper, contemplating our next move. We were in our third year, and it was time for us to make important decisions about our future as Pro Heroes. Gathering my thoughts, I wrote back, "I'm afraid they won't support us, so I'm not ready to come out." I then passed him the note, he nodded still not averting his gaze from the broad.

Thirty minutes later, the bell rang, signaling the end of class. Sensei Aizawa's voice cut through the air, addressing us, "Problem children, you're staying here for detention. And the next time you decide to pass notes in my class, make sure you're more discreet about it." I could feel the weight of our classmates eyes on us, their whispers simmering in the background. My face flushed with embarrassment, my cheeks burning.

Kacchan, on the other hand, brushed off their attention before yelling, "Shut up, extras! You have nothing to ooh and aah about," then muttering under his breath, "Just ignore them, Deku. They're just extras."

Rolling her eyes, Mina chimed in, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "Sure thing, Bakubabe." A pang of jealousy surged through me at the nickname, a reminder that we still had matters to address. "I need to talk to Kacchan about that too," I muttered, my gaze fixed on my desk.

As our classmates filed out of the room, Sensei Aizawa followed, leaving us alone in the now empty classroom. Relief coursed through me as I realized this was the perfect opportunity to discuss everything with Kacchan. But before I could utter a single word, Kacchan's voice broke the silence, laced with sadness and worry, he had tears in his eyes as well, "Deku.... are you ashamed of our relationship?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count:620

Please make sure to vote <3