Chapter 35: Recovering

Hey! I'm back, I know, I know, it took me a while to update, but hey, at least I'm here, right? Anyways, let's jump right into it!

...............................................................................

Deku's POV:

It was 4:00, and I found myself heading to the hospital. Last night was far from the best, but I wasn't ready to lose hope. Mina and I, we'd find a way to deal with this. Stepping into the hospital, my resolve wavered momentarily.

Before entering Kacchan's room, I decided to stop by the hospital cafeteria. I ordered the spiciest curry they had; it was something Kacchan loved. Balancing the tray, I made my way to his room and knocked.

"Who is it?" he yelled.

"It's me, Kacchan," I replied. "What do you want?"

"I came to visit. I have curry."

Silence filled the air before he asked, "Is it spicy?"

I confirmed, and with that, he granted me entry. Walking in, I noticed he was in a chair, not the hospital bed. "Kacchan, you're supposed to be in bed!"

"Shut up, nerd!" he barked. I quieted down and sat beside him, offering him the tray. His left arm was in a cast today – progress towards healing.

He ate in silence. Breaking it, I mentioned, "The Bakusquad said hi."

"Why didn't they just come with you?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Studying. We have a test tomorrow."

"So why are you here?" he swallowed a mouthful of curry.

"Sensi gave me a free pass. I won't get as much homework as the rest of the class, so I don't have the test tomorrow. I have a free day, which means I'll come to visit you."

He nodded, returning to his meal. After a while, he finished, and I cleared the tray, placing it on the nightstand. As we sat in awkward silence, he finally spoke.

"Deku..."

I responded, "Yes, Kacchan?"

"Why did...never mind." He sighed and turned his gaze to the window.

"Kacchan..."

"What?"

I took a deep breath. "Can I kiss you?"

"No."

"Please, Kacchan, just one."

He looked at me. "Tell me why I would want to kiss the person who cheated and is now my ex?"

Silence lingered before I asked, "Then can we hold hands?"

"Deku, stop it. We're not a couple, okay? We broke up. Get that through your thick skull!" he yelled, standing up faster than he should have.

"Stop asking me these..." Kacchan started, looking dizzy, then he fainted. I caught him in time, laid him back on the bed, and looked at him. His lips... and then back to Kacchan's closed eyes. My face felt hot as I gave him a quick peck before rushing to get a doctor. It was just a quick peck, he wouldn't know...

Narrator's POV:

Little did both Katsuki and Izuku know that someone was watching them from a distance. A shadowy figure, concealed by the darkness, observed their interactions with an unsettling intensity. A voice echoed in the observer's mind, ominous and filled with anticipation, "Just you wait, Hero Deku."

Meanwhile, in a distant location, a clandestine conversation unfolded in the shadows.

"Make sure to-" the first voice began, abruptly cut off. The second voice calmly interrupted, "I know the plan."

"Good. Is the angry blond in the hospital?" the first voice inquired.

"Yes, of course he is," the second voice replied smugly. "Make sure to do your part. When this works out, we will have a new member."

"You seem excited for this member, Dabi~," the voice known as Dabi said.

"Of course I am. Once the plan works out, you can have Deku all to yourself," the first voice stated, dripping with anticipation and a sinister edge.

To be Continued...

...............................................................................

I understand that this chapter is quite short, but as you can see, significant events are unfolding. Therefore, I will make an effort in the next update to provide you with a minimum of five or more chapters.

Word Count: 624

Please make sure to vote <3