Chapter 33: A Descent into Chaos

Hey everyone! Welcome to Chapter 33 of Conflicted Hearts! We've only got one more day until school starts, so I wanted to give you a heads up that updates might be a bit slower. Apologies in advance for the delay! But hey, on the bright side, Sunny's doing better! The doctor said she should be feeling better before school starts back up again, so let's keep our fingers crossed for her🤞🏼. Now, let's jump right into this chapter because it's gonna be a bit of a long one.

...............................................................................

Deku's POV:

I walked out of Kacchan's room and headed downstairs. Mina was quick to spot me, giving a sly wink. "So, how'd it go?" she inquired. "Let's not talk about it..." I replied, making my way to the kitchen for some water. Grabbing a bottle from the fridge, I turned around to find Mina right behind me.

"What happened up there, Midoriya?"

"Nothing, Mina. Don't worry about it," I said, attempting to avoid the impending interrogation. She took a seat on a stool, and with a sigh, I joined her, fully aware that she wouldn't drop the subject.

"Me and Kacchan broke up. Well, he dumped me, but yeah," I confessed, opening the water bottle and taking a long gulp. "I tried asking him for an explanation. We ended up yelling at each other, and he said I was cheating on him with Ochako. I didn't think Kacchan would believe the rumors she was spreading about us dating."

"Wait, so you're telling me that you and Bakubabe are dating?!" Mina exclaimed.

"Were dating, and yes," I corrected her.

"How come you guys didn't tell us then?" I avoided eye contact when I admitted, "I thought you guys wouldn't support us." Mina promptly hit me on the back of the head.

"What do you mean?! Of course, we support you," she scolded. I rubbed the spot where she hit. "Yeah, I know that now."

"So what are you going to do about Ochako? The whole school thinks you two are dating, including Bakubabe," Mina asked, genuine concern etched on her face. I was relieved to have someone to share my troubles with.

"Well... Kacchan actually saw me and Ochako kiss, but-" I was abruptly interrupted when Mina yelled, "KISSED?!" Panicking, I covered her mouth to ensure no one overheard.

"Why would you kiss her?! Weren't you dating Bakubabe at that time?" she whispered furiously.

"Yeah, I was, but the problem is she kissed me. And when it happened, I couldn't control my body. It felt like I'm being controlled."

"...What do you mean, controlled?"

"I don't know, but when she kissed me, I just don't have control over my body." She looked confused but nodded in understanding. "We have to tell the pro heroes about this," she insisted.

"That's another problem. We can't. We don't have any evidence that it's her doing this," I sighed.

"Well, what are we going to do then?" she asked.

"I don't know, but we can't let her get away with this. Kacchan is hating me more day by day."

"Don't worry, Midoriya. Let's do this for you and Bakubabe's relationship," Mina reassured me.

"Thank you, Mina," I said, smiling at her.

"You're welcome, Midoriya. Just make sure, once we get you and Bakubabe back together, you protect him."

"Of course, Mina. Also, this might not be the right time, but can you stop calling Kacchan 'Bakubabe'?" She gasped before bursting into laughter. "Are you jealous?" My face turned red as I watched her laugh.