Chapter 24: Heartbreak's Echo

Hello, my beloved readers! It feels like an eternity since my last update, but fear not, for here it is - Chapter 24!

(●'◡'●)

Bakugo's POV:

"Wait, Kacchan!" Deku's voice echoed behind me as he desperately chased after me. "Let me explain, it's not what you think!"

I refused to listen, my tears streaming down my face as I continued to run. How could he do this to me? He betrayed me. I didn't want to hear any excuses.

Lost in my own anguish, I suddenly collided with someone, jolting me out of my thoughts. "Get out of my way, extra," I spat between sobs, not caring who it was.

"Problem child?" Eraserhead's voice cut through the haze of my emotions. I looked up at him, trying to hide the fact that I was on the verge of breaking down. But as Deku's desperate cries reached our ears from around the corner, I couldn't hold back any longer. The pain was too much, and I cried even harder.

Eraserhead seemed to understand. He took hold of my wrist and guided me towards his office, wordlessly acknowledging my pain. We entered the room, and I sank into a chair, still wiping away my tears. Eraserhead closed the door behind us, creating a sense of privacy.

"What happened, Problem child?" he asked, his gaze fixed on me with a mix of concern and understanding.

"He..." I began, taking a deep breath to steady myself. "Well..." The words caught in my throat, the pain still fresh and raw. It was difficult to find the strength to explain it all, but something about Eraserhead's presence made me feel like I could open up.

"It started during lunch. He asked me if I wanted to sit beside him. You know, since we're dating, so I said yes. We sat together," I explained, my voice tinged with a mix of frustration and hurt.

Flashback

"Kacchan, can I have some?" Deku leaned in, his voice laced with a mix of mischief and desire. I instinctively backed up, teasing him a little. "Back up, Deku. I thought you said you wanted to keep our relationship a secret," I said, a hint of a smirk playing on my lips.

"Well, maybe I don't want to anymore," he replied, a mischievous glint in his eyes. He leaned in even more, closing the distance between us. We were just about to share a passionate kiss when Pink Cheeks, Ochako, interrupted us.

"Hey, Izuku, what are you doing?" she asked, her voice breaking the moment. We quickly jolted apart, our faces flushing with embarrassment. Deku turned to face Pink Cheeks, his expression a mix of surprise and awkwardness. I couldn't help but feel annoyed, because she had interrupted our intimate moment.

"Oh, um, Ochako, do you need something?" Deku asked, his face still red. "Yeah, can I talk to you? It's really important," she requested. Deku agreed, getting up from his seat and following her, leaving me behind.

After waiting for what felt like an agonizing 20 minutes, I grew impatient. Deku still hadn't returned, so I decided to go look for him. I walked around the school, frustration building within me. I couldn't find him anywhere, and my annoyance grew stronger.

Then, as I passed by Class 1A, I heard something that made my heart sink. Curiosity and dread consumed me. I twisted the doorknob and quietly walked in, only to be met with a sight that shattered me. Deku and Pink Cheeks were locked in a passionate embrace, their lips pressed together as if there was no one else in the world. It felt like a betrayal.

==========================================

Word Count: 592

Please make sure to vote <3