Chapter 28: Fractured Bonds

Hey everyone! I want to start by apologizing for the long wait since my last update. I've been incredibly busy with my band commitments and taking care of my grandmother, who has been in the hospital. However, I'm back now and I wanted to make it up to you all by sharing some new chapters. I really hope you enjoy them!

~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~

Bakugo's POV:

I sat there, trying to focus on All Might's teachings, but the constant stream of texts from Deku made it nearly impossible. My phone was on vibrate, and every time it buzzed, I could feel the vibration against my thigh. Annoyance coursed through me, causing my leg to fidget uncontrollably. Now, I know what you're thinking - did I really get hard? Well, the answer is no. It was just the frustration of the constant vibration that got to me. I did not get hard in class. Thankfully, the vibration finally ceased, and I let out a small sigh of relief as my leg stopped its restless movement.

"All right, young heroes, it's time for combat training. Let's head outside!" All Might's booming voice interrupted my thoughts, snapping me back to reality.

We quickly made our way outside, donning our training outfits. The air filled my lungs as I prepared myself for the challenges that awaited. The training grounds were a familiar sight, a place where we pushed ourselves to the limit, honing our quirks and sharpening our skills.

Just as I was stretching, the nerd came up to me. "Kacchan," he called out. Ignoring him, I continued my stretches, but he persisted, repeatedly calling my name. Frustrated, I finally yelled, "What do you want, nerd!" Some extras glanced our way but quickly dismissed it, knowing it was typical for me to yell at him.

"Kacchan, can I talk to you?" he pleaded, desperation evident in his voice. I shook my head and returned to my stretches, but it seemed like he wasn't going to take no for an answer. Before I knew it, he had wrapped his black whip around my waist and began dragging me towards the boys' locker rooms. I yelled and demanded that he put me down, but he seemed determined, and the others around us just laughed.

Rolling my eyes, I noticed Uraraka glaring at me for some reason. It was oddly satisfying to see her jealous, although it didn't change the fact that they had kissed, not once but twice. We made it to the locker room, and Deku finally released his grip, looking at me with a mix of sadness, anger, and desperation. I avoided eye contact, wanting to avoid any confrontation.

But he wouldn't let me ignore him. He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Kacchan, why are you ignoring me?" he asked, sounding genuinely hurt.

"I don't know, maybe you should ask your girlfriend," I retorted, trying to push him away. Keyword: trying.

"Kacchan, what do you-" he began, but I cut him off, yelling in frustration. "Shut up, Deku! Don't even try to lie! I walked in on you with Pink Cheeks yesterday!"

"But, Kacchan, I didn't-" he tried to explain.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I yelled, covering my ears. "I don't want to hear it!" Tears welled up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall in front of Deku.

"Kacchan, let me explain!" he yelled back, desperation evident in his voice.

"There's nothing to explain, you stupid broccoli!" I continued yelling, as Deku desperately tried to get me to listen.

"You know what? I'm done! We're done! We should have never started dating! We're breaking up, Midoriya!" I declared, shocking him. His grip loosened, and I took the opportunity to make a run for it, racing back to my dorm, ignoring anyone who tried to stop me. By this point, tears were already streaming down my face, but I kept running until I reached my room. I locked the door and slid down against it, succumbing to my emotions and allowing myself to cry. That was it. Deku and I were over.

==========================================

Word Count:706

Please make sure to vote <3