Chapter 43: Uncovering the Truth

Narrator's POV: 

"ARE YOU STUPID!" the voice yelled on the other side of the phone.

"Would you calm down?" the other voice said, clearly annoyed.

"Calm down... YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS?!" the first voice yelled again.

"They're not going to find out, okay? Just chill," the second voice replied, the frustration evident in its tone.

"Just be careful," the second voice warned before hanging up.

Deku's POV:

As the lunch bell chimed, signaling the midday break, I felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me. Resting my head on my desk, I tried to block out the noise of my classmates shuffling out of the classroom. However, my moment of peace was short-lived as I heard a familiar voice interrupt my thoughts.

"Come on, Izuku, if you want to figure this out, you're going to have to be proactive," Mina urged, her tone laced with determination. Sighing, I reluctantly followed her out of the classroom and into the bustling cafeteria.

Oddly enough, Uraraka was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't say I minded her absence, but it did strike me as unusual. Pushing the thought aside, I focused on finding a seat and settling in beside Mina.

"Mina, are you feeling better?" Kirishima inquired, flashing her a toothy grin. She nodded in response, her attention quickly returning to her meal. The table fell into a comfortable silence, broken only by the sound of utensils clinking against plates.

After a while, though, our table seemed to become the loudest in the room. Laughter and chatter filled the air as we exchanged stories and jokes, drawing the attention of those nearby. It was a welcome distraction from the weight of recent events.

However, as the minutes ticked by, Mina excused herself, claiming she needed to visit the bathroom. I watched her go, a pang of worry gnawing at my insides. I hoped she would return soon; her presence always brought a sense of comfort.

Alone at the table, my thoughts turned once again to the situation with Uraraka. I knew I couldn't keep it to myself any longer, but the idea of confronting her filled me with apprehension. I needed to tell everyone, but the thought of speaking up weighed heavily on my mind.

Mina's POV:

I was walking back to the cafeteria when my ears caught the unmistakable sound of yelling emanating from the door beside me. My curiosity raised, I paused for a moment, straining to make out the voices beyond. At first, it was just a jumble of indistinct words, but then I heard it—the chilling tone of Shigaraki's voice.

My heart skipped a beat as I realized the gravity of the situation. What was Shigaraki doing here? Instinctively, I moved closer to the door, my hand tightening around the cold metal knob.

As I listened intently, the pieces began to fall into place. It was Uraraka speaking, her voice tinged with a sense of urgency that sent a shiver down my spine. "I know, I know, get Mina out of the way," she said, her words sending a jolt of fear coursing through me.

What did she mean by that? Was I in danger? I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over me like a heavy blanket. Gripping my phone tightly, I made a split-second decision to record their conversation, my fingers trembling as I pressed the record button.

"Why do you say that like it's easy..." Shigaraki's voice drifted through the door, filled with a chilling sense of determination. My blood ran cold as I realized the true extent of their plans.

"Because it just is," Uraraka replied, her tone devoid of emotion. It was as if she was talking about the weather, not orchestrating some sinister plot.

But then, Shigaraki's words sent a chill down my spine. "Just make sure that blasty dude sees everything. We need him on our side if we stand a chance of destroying Deku," he said, his voice dripping with malice.

My mind raced as I processed the implications of their conversation. It was clear that they were planning something big, something that could put all of us in danger. I knew I had to do something, but what?

With a sense of urgency, I pocketed my phone and made my way to Aizawa-sensei's office. My heart pounded in my chest as I ran, each step echoing in the empty hallway.

I burst into his office, breathless and frantic, my words tumbling out in a rush. "Sensei, you need to listen to this," I said, thrusting my phone into his hands. "It's Uraraka and Shigaraki. They're planning something, something big."

Aizawa-sensei's eyes widened in alarm as he listened to the recording, his expression darkening with each passing second. "This is serious," he said, his voice grave. "We need to act fast."

As we discussed our next steps, a sense of determination settled over me. I may not have all the answers, but I knew one thing for certain—I wouldn't rest until I got to the bottom of this. Uraraka's betrayal had shaken me to the core, but I refused to let fear dictate my actions.

With Aizawa-sensei's guidance, I knew we could uncover the truth and put an end to whatever sinister plot was unfolding. And as we set out to confront Uraraka and Shigaraki, I vowed to do whatever it took to protect my friends and the school we called home.

==========================================

I get the feeling we're almost at the end of this book, but then again, who knows?

Word Count: 902