Chapter 22: Unspoken Tensions

Deku's POV:

We walked into Class 1A, the sound of excited voices filling the air. Something seemed off as we entered, though. The class was gathered in a circle, surrounding Jeremy. It appeared as though they had completely forgotten what had transpired just a few days ago. How could they be so quick to forgive and forget? I wondered, feeling a mix of confusion and frustration.

Kacchan and I made our way to our desks, sitting down together. Everyone else seemed preoccupied with Jeremy's presence, leaving us on the sidelines. I reached for my phone discreetly and sent Kacchan a text message.

🥦Me: Kacchan?

💥Kacchan: What is it, Deku?

🥦Me: Do you think everyone forgot what Jeremy did a few days ago?

💥Kacchan: Yeah, they're acting like we didn't have a fight just three days ago.

🥦Me: But why are they so chill about it?

💥Kacchan: And I'm supposed to know? 😐

🥦Me: I'm just asking. 😶

💥Kacchan: Also, Pink Cheeks keeps looking at me, and it's annoying.

🥦Me: Really?

💥Kacchan: I wouldn't tell you if she wasn't, would I?

🥦Me: Rude. 😖

💥Kacchan: Whatever, nerd. 🙄

🥦Me: Speaking of annoying, can you tell Mina not to call you "Bakubabe" anymore?

💥Kacchan: Wait, are you jealous?! 🤣

🥦Me: What? No? 😣

💥Kacchan: Sure, nerd. I'll tell her. 😂

🥦Me: Stop laughing,😑 but anyways, do you want to go to the movies today?

💥Kacchan: Sure, just don't tell the rest. I'm not having Jeremy come too.

🥦Me: Great, it's a date! 😙

💥Kacchan: Sure, now stop texting me. Eraserhead looks like he's about to send us to the principal's office. 🙄

🥦Me: Bye, Kacchan! 😄

💥Kacchan: What do you mean, bye? You're sitting behind me.

🥦Me: Whatever, just say bye back. 😑

💥Kacchan: Whatever, bye nerd. 🙄

End of conversation.

As I put my phone away, a mix of relief and anticipation filled my heart. Despite the strange atmosphere in the classroom, knowing that Kacchan and I had plans for the movies brought a sense of comfort. It was our own little escape, away from the complexities of our classmates' interactions with Jeremy.

Finally, the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Kacchan and I exchanged glances, a silent understanding passing between us. We were ready to leave behind the tensions of the classroom and enjoy our time together at the movies.

As we exited the classroom, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the opportunity to spend time alone with Kacchan. It was a chance to strengthen our bond and forget about the complications that Jeremy's presence had brought. With a smile on my face, I walked beside Kacchan, ready for a movie date that would help us escape the unspoken tensions of Class 1A.

=========================================

Word count:428

Please make sure to vote <3