Chapter 3: Clouded Minds

Bakugo's POV:

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Deku, that nerdy Izuku Midoriya, actually had feelings for me, Katsuki Bakugou? It was like a punch to the gut, a total mind-bender. I scoffed, thinking it was some kind of sick joke or a messed-up prank.

"Wait, you're into me? Are you sure you're not talking to the wrong person, Deku?" I shot back, my voice dripping with disbelief. "I mean, I'm not exactly the kind of guy you'd expect someone like you to like. I'm Bakugo, not some blushing dork."

But Deku's grip tightened around my waist, his determination shining through his eyes. "Yes kacchan I like you," he said, his voice steady and resolute.

My irritation flared up, my usual cool demeanor threatening to crack. Did his quirk mess with his brain or something? How could he not get that I didn't feel the same way? "Damn it, Deku! I've said it before, and I'll say it again—I don't like you," I snapped, my frustration running high.

But then, something changed. Deku's voice softened, a hint of sadness creeping in. "But Kacchan, I like you," he whispered, his eyes filled with a mix of longing and understanding. " Never mind, I get it if you don't feel the same. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Let's just go back."

Suddenly, a strange pang hit me, making me feel uneasy. His words struck a deep within me, awakening emotions I never thought I had. Confusion washed over me as I tried to make sense of it all. Why did I feel confused? Could it be that I actually liked the nerd?

"Deku, no," I struggled to find my words, my face flushing with an unfamiliar warmth. "That's not what I meant..." I sighed, feeling the weight of the moment. Something inside me was changing, and I wasn't sure how to handle it. It scared me.

Deku's voice, filled with concern, cut through my thoughts. "Kacchan, are you okay?" he asked, the hurt still in his eyes.

I couldn't tear my gaze away from his. There was an intensity in those green depths, a longing that mirrored my own. And in that moment, I found myself at a crossroads, torn between holding onto my pride or exploring the unknown.

Deku and I locked eyes, a silent understanding passing between us. His eyes conveyed sadness and love, while mine reflected confusion and curiosity . There was something else, something unspoken, that lingered beneath the surface.

As Deku leaned in, I pulled back, unsure of what was happening. But he misread my hesitation, thinking I didn't want this. He started to retreat, ready to let me go.

But something inside me snapped. Without thinking, I grabbed his face, pulling him towards me. Our lips collided in a passionate, unexpected kiss. It was electrifying, intense, and everything I never thought I wanted. For a moment, Deku didn't respond, caught off guard by the suddenness of it all.

Finally, I broke the kiss, a mix of confusion and sadness clouding my expression. It hit Deku, and his eyes widened with realization. Without a second thought, he grabbed my chin, pulling me in for another kiss.

In that moment, everything else faded away. It was just Deku and me, our emotions colliding in a whirlwind of passion and vulnerability. The boundaries that once defined us blurred, leaving us breathless and craving more.

(For the people who don't know vulnerability in a starter relationship means taking a risk, any who back to the story)

Narrator's POV:

The sound of a ringing alarm filled Bakugo's room, jolting him from his slumber. Annoyed, he tried to ignore it, but the persistent noise refused to let him be. With a grumble under his breath, he finally gave in and begrudgingly rose from his bed and turned off his alarm, his mind still clouded with remnants of an amazing dream.

Dragging himself to the bathroom, Bakugo went through his morning routine, brushing his teeth and taking a quick shower. As he got dressed, he couldn't shake off the anger of being forced awake. He had been in the middle of something incredible, and now it was all gone.

Heading downstairs, Bakugo expected to find his classmates downstairs. To his surprise, the dorm was empty. Confused, he decided to make himself some toast for breakfast, assuming that everyone was still asleep like he was. However, as the minutes ticked by, and no one joined him, he began to wonder why none of his classmates had shown up.

Annoyed, Bakugo checked his phone, only to realize that it was already 10:15 a.m. Shocked, he yelled, "Holy shit!" and sprinted to his classroom, class 1A. Bursting through the door, he put on his usual scowl, "Your late, Problem Child," Eraserhead said, turning to face Bakugo. "Whatever, at least I got here," Bakugo talked back, his voice filled with tiredness.

Eraserhead, their teacher, looked at Bakugo wearily and said, "Go sit down, Problem Child. I'm too tired to deal with this right now." Rolling his eyes, Bakugo walked to his desk, feeling the weight of exhaustion settle upon him. He rested his head on his desk, covering his face with his arms, and placed his head up with his hands. Within moments, he drifted off to sleep, unnoticed by his teacher and classmates, except for a certain green-haired broccoli.

Midoriya, unable to focus on their teacher's words, found himself staring at Bakugo as he slept. After around fifteen minutes, the bell finally rang, signaling the end of the class. Everyone began to get up and leave, but Bakugo remained in a deep slumber. Midoriya decided on waking him up, but before he could do so, the Baku Squad beat him to it.

"Bakubabe, get up!" Mina yelled, her voice filled with playful energy. Bakugo jolted awake, his eyes narrowing as he glared at her. "What do you want, Raccoon Eyes?" he snapped.

"Come on, Bakubro. Class is over. Let's go have lunch," Kirishima, Denki, and Sero chimed in excitedly. Bakugo cursed himself silently for sleeping in class, hating the fact that he had missed the rest of the lecture. He grumbled under his breath, then got up and walked out of the classroom, the Baku Squad trailing behind him.

Meanwhile, Deku watched from a distance, his heart filled with a hint of jealousy. Despite their secret relationship, Bakugo still allowed Mina to call him "Bakubabe," and that stung. However, before he could dwell on his emotions, he heard his name being called by the Deku Squad. He approached them, and together, they made their way to the cafeteria.

As they entered the bustling cafeteria, they noticed that everyone had gathered in a large circle in the middle. Todoroki voiced their confusion, asking, "What's going on?" The rest of the squad shrugged in response, equally confused. Uraraka suggested, "Let's go see," and they pushed their way through the crowd, eager to discover the reason behind the gathering.

And there, in the center of the circle, awaited a sight that left them speechless at what they saw.

==========================================

Word Count:1155

Please make sure to vote <3