3: Holland

I have never been more excited to start hockey practice in my entire life than I am today. Sure I missed the ice and all that, but these past few days have been utter hell. I have never had such a sexual attraction or any attraction really, to anyone like I do Oaklynn James. And I know she feels the tension between us too because both of us have gone out of our way to avoid each other.  If she's in a room, I will avoid it until I know she's no longer around, and the same goes for her to me.

          Hockey has always been a distraction for me. When my mom left, when my dad married his first wife- never did like her- and my I found out I am going to have a little sister because my dad's current wife decided they needed a kid together- not that I don't love Ruth- but Jesus, they are both in their early forties, they don't need a baby.

          Speaking of my father, I need to check in with them. In December, Ruth is going to pop out my baby sister, and I am lowkey super excited for it.

          Practice ended way too fast for my liking, but apparently Coach Hogg had some important dinner with his wife, and he had to end it early. We did a whole lot of nothing today, and it was probably because we are just getting back into the groove of being on the ice, but we could have had an actual practice where we ran drills instead of getting judged on our skating skills.

          "Hey man, we're going to the bar, wanna come?" Wren asks, and I shake my head no. Everyone knows that I don't care to drink, nor do I care to go out and waste my time doing nothing at all. If I want to do nothing, I'll stay at home. Fingers crossed that Oaklynn won't be there when I arrive, because I have no clue how I can not throw myself at her.

          Her beauty is hard to ignore, and the way every word out of her mouth is flirty. I'll be dead before the year is over. Her smile and the way her eyes light up when she's happy will kill a man, her body is a plus, and her voice is not something you can ignore. It's like honey, sweet, soft, and calm, and will drag you in before you even realize it has.

          "I'm gonna go home and rest." I answer, and he nods. "Whose day is it with Oaklynn?" I ask, and silently pray that it is not mine. She's decided that if she doesn't want to avoid me, she'll go to Ivy's dorm for hours or days on end. So you can imagine how it's thrown off the days we had planned for everyone to get one on one time with her.

          "Yours. Everyone's gone except you," he informs, and I hold back a groan. "Try being nice to her. She's a sweet girl, and really funny." He tells me, and I nod. I know she's sweet and funny, but I also know there is a part of her we have yet to see. A side of her that isn't something you'd expect out of a girl like her. I also know that nothing good can come out of her and I being alone.

          As everyone clears out of the locker room, I linger back holding on to the few minutes I have until the assistant coach kicks me out. After a few minutes, the door opens and slams closed, I listen for a voice asking if anyones in here. It doesn't happen, but Sidney Black walks in, her bleach blonde dyed hair swinging back and forth in her high ponytail, and her annoyingly big black eyes trained on me.

          "You're here! Wren said you'd be in here, and I let myself in." She smiles at me, and I refrain from rolling my eyes.

          Sidney is one of the puck bunnies. She's been around the whole team- minus Bryce, Dustin, and myself- a few times. She doesn't know how to take a hint, and she's really not that pretty. Before anyone jumps on my ass, yes I know every woman is beautiful in her own way. But Sidney isn't even close. Her know it all attitude, the fact she can't take a hint, her annoyingly high pitched voice, and her hair that smells like bleach all the time take that away from her.