9: Holland

The guys decided that after our evening practice, we needed to go to the bar to let loose, and I reluctantly came with them. I have nothing against wanting to go out every now and again, but they have been going out a lot after practice and classes. It's their funeral I guess. I'm not here to babysit them- even though I do.

        "Ivy and Oaklynn are on their way. Ivy said they have a surprise for us. I think they are bringing dates." Wren says, I catch his sinister grin, and he catches my glares. "Not really, but I think they did something dumb like get matching tattoos. Who needs tattoos to know you are best friends, just give each other a little smooch, and everyone will know. Right Kane?" He asks, and Kane flips him off. I guess Kane still isn't over the game of truth or dare we played last year.

        It's been twenty minutes since Wren announced that Oaklynn was coming, and like the love sick puppy I am, I watch the door waiting for her entrance, and I wonder what the surprise is that Wren mentioned. Maybe it is a tattoo, she'd look sexier with one. Maybe it's a piercing, I could totally see her pulling off a septum piercing, or a tongue one. Maybe she cut her hair, she'd look beautiful with short hair.

        Finally, I see the familiar honey colored hair woman I have been dying to see since I left this morning, and not far behind her is Ivy who looks like she is trying to convince Oaklynn to do something. There's a lot of head shakes saying no, and a lot more rambling from Ivy. They scan the room, and when they see us, Ivy waves. We all wave back, and they head towards us. As they get closer, I notice there's a glint of a teal in Oaklynn's hair.

        When they are at the table they greet all of us, one by one, and when Oaklynn gets to me, I see that her hair has highlights of a darkish teal color. "What did you two do to your hair?" Wren asks, and they both beam.

        "We got bored, and put highlights in them. Oaklynn has teal and I have a dark purple and midnight blue." Ivy says proudly, and we all shake our heads. "What? Don't be jealous, you aren't as cool as we are," she pauses, turning to Oaklynn who nods, "speaking of being cool. We want to take pictures tonight with you guys." We agree as always.

        They leave to get drinks, and the guys complain about having to take pictures. The only reason we ever agree is to make Ivy happy. But right now, my mind is on the fact that Wren or Ivy are going to put Oaklynn next to me when we take pictures, and Oaklynn will want her one as well so I'll get to be around her. I listen to the guys gripe about having to take pictures, and notice the only other one who isn't complaining is Dustin. Which is weird, because he usually has to be tied down in order to get his picture.

        The girls return with a tray of shots, and whatever they got to drink. "We need shots." Ivy says, handing us each one.

        "To finally getting away from school work to hang out, to growing up, to making new relationships, and to the kick ass year we are about to have together!" Oaklynn says, and we all cheers. We all throw back the shots, still making sour faces. Oaklynn laughs, her devine laugh, "We are seriously going to have to work on you guys taking shots, because I refuse to be around anyone who makes a face." She jokes, and most of the table flips her off.

        As the girls get more alcohol into their systems, we all joke around and talk, and at some point the girls get up to go dance. When they get to the dancing area, a song comes on with a interesting beat, and both of them start twerking on each other, and then Ivy pretends to throw money on Oaklynn's ass.

        A pang of jealousy shoots through me.

        "Can someone go out there, and stop them." Wren begs, and we all laugh.

        "Sorry, I'm gay. I am not going to break their happiness because you don't want guys looking at them." Bryce says, and Wren flips him off. "Levi is also gay, so I doubt he'll want to get in between them." He speaks for Levi, who nods.