28:Oaklynn

After Michigan comes off the ice, Ivy, Levi, and I head towards the hallway where the team comes out. While we wait for our guys to come out, we chat about the plans they have at the bar, and if Holland and I are going to make an appearance. “I don’t know. I don’t know what he has planned, I don’t know where the conversation will lead us, and I don’t know if we’ll be friends after the conversation.” I tell them, and their faces drop. 

        “You are stupid if you think you two won’t be friends, and you are extra stupid if you think that you two will have a conversation that will probably end with you in his bed, and the probability of you two getting back together is like ninety-nine out of a hundred.” Levi voices, Ivy nods in agreement, and my eyes automatically roll. 

        An arm wraps around me, “Levi has a point. We all know that you and Holland are end game. Even if you want to deny it, or you only want to be friends. Holland has already decided that if you and him don’t end up together, then he’ll be single for the rest of his life.” When I look to see whose arm is around me, I see Kane. He gives me his little innocent smile, and kisses my hair. 

        I sigh, “You guys are delusional. We’ll talk about what we need to talk about, we’ll spend some time together, and maybe we’ll show up at the bar together. If we don't, then I’m at Ivy’s dorm, and wherever he ends up going,” I pause, letting that set in, “Holland and I will still be friends unless he tells me he can’t do it. Does it suck that we aren’t together? Yes. Does it suck that we probably won’t ever be together? A little. But, we’ll end up where we’re supposed to.” I end my argument, giving them a look so they also drop it. 

       They finally do, and move on to how Kane definitely didn’t take the time to take a good shower. His defense is that the ladies love his musk when they get down and dirty. We let him believe whatever he wants too because we know the girls he hookups with have no issue with his musk. 

        Twenty minutes pass, and the rest of our boys start coming out. They all give us a hug and fall into the conversation about whatever it is we’re talking about. I zoned out, wondering how mine and Holland’s conversation will end, and what will happen after the conversation. There are so many ways it can go, and my mind keeps going to the fact that we’ll end up together tonight. Maybe just for the night, or maybe for however long life wants us to be together. 

        Holland comes out, and I give him a big smile because his intermission performance was spectacular. “Hey Land, that was a pretty dress you wore, and the moves were a ten out of ten.” I tease, causing him to laugh. 

        “It was all for you, mon amore,” he winks, “hopefully you liked it. It took a lot of dance hours and a lot of memorizing. But it was worth the smile on your face.” He tells me. I swoon, and I hate that I swoon because that means whatever we talk about will either make or break my heart, and I’m not ready if it breaks it. “Come on. We have somewhere to be.” He says lowly, and I nod. 

        We excuse ourselves from the group, and make our way to his car. When we get to his truck, he opens the door like he always does, waits for me to get in, and closes the door once I’m in. As he makes his way around the hood, my phone connects to the bluetooth like normal. Which confuses me because his truck isn’t on yet. 

        Holland can see the confusion on my face, he explains, “I got a remote start a while because it’s getting cold and I know how much you hate it.” If he keeps this up, my heart might just explode. “It hasn’t been cold enough for me to show it off, but tonight it’s pretty chilly, and I’ve been dying to show it to you.” I laugh at his confession, he’s like one of those people who buy you a gift and immediately wants to give it to you.