19: Holland

"They're here!" Ivy yells, and we all look out the window. I jump up, and run outside to greet my parents. The twins parents got here about thirty minutes ago, Kane's arrived earlier this afternoon, Levi's family got here tenish minutes ago, and we are still waiting on Dustin's mom.

        There's some debate from Bryce that Dustin's mom decided not to come because she doesn't want to face Misty and Oaklynn, but Misty assured all of us that if either one of them thought it'd be an issue then Misty, Oaklynn, and Rebel would have stayed in Tennessee.

        "Hey kid!" Dad hugs me, and a big smile takes place on my face. He pulls away, "How are you?"

         Ruth comes up beside him, and pulls me into a hug. "He's fine Owen. We talked to him a few days ago." She jokes, and I roll my eyes. When she pulls away, she eyes me, and then smiles, "Move kid. I need to pee!" She blurts.

         I move, and she runs past me. When the front door closes, I turn to the car to grab whatever they have. "Jesus, she literally peed at the store. I swear that woman has the bladder of a two-year-old." He says, and I laugh. I also make a mental note to bring that up to Ruth. Them having stupid arguments is one of my favorite pastimes.

        That's something I love about their relationship. They are so carefree, and know that most of the things they say about each other are jokes. They've always been able to play around with each other, and if my relationship isn't like that then I really don't think I'd even bother trying to make it work. I get that might be immature, but if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with someone, then I want it to be with someone who I can have fun with all the time.

        "How was the trip? I'm assuming a little longer since she has to pee all the time." I joke, and Dad nods. "Seems like fun." Since Ruth fell pregnant, they've decided to not take as many trips as they used to, so the whole driving far while is new to both of them, and I'm assuming they stopped a lot. Just being home for Thanksgiving, I noticed Ruth peed a lot, and I mean like every ten minutes she was running to the bathroom.

        Dad starts walking towards the house, but he stops a few steps in front of the porch. "Is everyone here?" He asks, and I nod. "So we'll get to meet Oaklynn and her family?" I nod again, and he gets this shitty grin across his face.

        "No. No. No. Please don't." I beg, and he laughs, heading into the house. I didn't even think about everything he'd tell her. My embarrassing stories about learning hockey, the way puberty did me massive favors in all areas, how I used to insist on sleeping in the living room when I lost a tooth because I was terrified of the Tooth Fairy.

        In my defense, the last one should be a lot more common. I mean, what child is completely okay with having some little fairy fly into their room while they're asleep just to take a tooth? It's completely outrageous if you ask me. I will never traumatize my children with that. They can have Santa, the damn Easter Bunny, and hell I'll even give them something for halloween. But no way in hell am I telling them a little fairy flies into their room.

        When I finally walk into the house, I hear laughs and squeals from the women. "OMG! She's kicking!" Oaklynn squeals, and Ruth laughs. Oaklynn's eyes meet mine, and she grins big, "Dude, I felt your little sister kick! It was the coolest thing ever!" She exclaims, and I smile at her reaction. My reaction was basically the same when I felt Ari kick for the first time.

        "You let her call you dude?" Dustin asks, and I nod. "I figured she'd call you babe or some cheesy ass nickname." He comments, and I shrug. She has many nicknames she calls me, like I have many for her. Just because we're dating doesn't mean we are going to stop calling each other normal names that everyone else gets.