20: Oaklynn

Christmas came and went faster than any of us wanted it to. Millions of gifts passed out, and a million trash bags full of wrapping paper and boxes from gifts were dealt with. As awkward as I imagined it would be for my mom and Nancy, it wasn't. If you saw them, you'd think they've been friends forever. They both trash talk Josh, and Nancy praises Mom on raising two respectful kids on her own.

I do feel bad for Dustin though, even though I haven't forgiven him. I know it sucks not having a full family during the holidays, but I can't imagine what it's like for him. Having a full family one year, and the next it's gone. His dad decided to celebrate his divorce on a cruise, his sister is at some douchebag's house, and his mom will go back to an empty house.

"Ready for tonight?" Ivy asks me, and I smile with a nod. "What are you wearing?" She asks, and I know she isn't going to be crazy about my answer. Tonight, our families are having our own little New Years Eve party. The parents bought a lot of junk food, sodas, and party favors. Us kids decorated the house with streamers and other things. Which took longer than we thought it would since we didn't consider taking down the Christmas stuff.

Also, it's my first holiday with a boyfriend. One I spent Halloween with, one who called on Thanksgiving while our families cooked so our families could get to know each other, and one who spent Christmas Eve and day with me. Also, my New Years Eve kiss. "Holland and I are wearing our onesies we got." I answer, and she rolls her eyes playfully. My mom bought all of us a onesie along with a phone case with pictures that we've taken these past few months. Each phone case uses different pictures, and has a different color trim.

"I'm not over the fact you gave Rebel your car. I would never give my sibling mine." Kane butts in, and I roll my eyes. Every one of them has made a point to tell me I am insane for giving him my car, but he deserves it, and I'll be able to get another one soon. "You're insane, and I applaud you for it sometimes."

"Kids! We're going to start games in an hour. If you need to get changed, need something from the store, or need to grab something, do it now. There is a bad storm heading this way, and we want everyone together in case the power goes out." Evan bosses, and we nod. "And please, do not dress like you are going to a club. This is a family gathering, dress comfortably." He points a look at his daughter, and I laugh.

It's not that Ivy dresses provocative when we go to clubs, but she does like to show what she was born with. "Yes father." She says in a teasing voice, and he walks away rolling his eyes. "He loves me. I swear." Kane and I laugh, while she shrugs.

No one this week has changed out of comfortable clothes. We're either in sweatpants or shorts and baggy shirts. Apparently since it's New Years Eve, they think we are planning on dressing up all fancy and shit. News flash for them, if it weren't for Ivy, I'd wear a pair of jeans and t-shirt like I do everyday.

Kane leaves when Wren calls him outside, leaving us three girls. Grace- Kane's little sister- has been hanging out with Ivy and I or with Rebel since they are the same age. And we are all pretty sure that they like each other. So sure that we have a couple bets about them.

"I'm going to get ready. Just because I can't dress cute doesn't mean I can't at least do my hair and make-up." Ivy says, and I chuckle. "Oh babe, your hair is getting curled too. So chop chop, let's go." She grabs my hands, and drags me off the couch. "Grace, come. We're not going to let you be here alone with those heathens." Ivy grabs Grace's hand, and drags her as well.

We stop by Ivy and Grace's room, where Ivy informs me we'll get ready in mine and Holland's room since there is a bathroom connected to it. When we get into my room, Ivy locks the door so none of the heathens, as she called the guys, can bother us. After the door is locked, she heads into the bathroom as if this is her room, and starts plugging in her curling iron.