Epilogue II: Holland

I am freaking out. It’s not everyday I lie to my girlfriend about where I’m at, but I feel like it’s necessary this time. “That looks great Misty. Thank you for being here, it means a lot to me and it’ll mean a lot to Oaklynn. She’s been wanting to see you guys in person for months now, but she doesn’t want to seem needy.” I confess to my girlfriend’s mom, and she laughs. 

        “Yeah, she feels the need to be independent,” she gets a sad smile, and shakes her head, “ever since she was little.” Her eyes start misting over, “This’ll be good for you. She deserves someone as good as you people are. I mean, who the hell would go through months of trouble to make this happen?” She questionably jokes, and I chuckle.

        “Mom’s got a point, who the hell would drive to Tennessee every weekend just for this? Most people would plan a date at most. You are planning a whole night for her, so you either really love her, or she’s blackmailing you. Knowing my sister, it’s blackmail. Whatever she has on you, I can give you something dirtier.” Rebel cuts in, and I let out a full blown laugh. “You laugh, but I’m serious.” 

        Ever since I brought Misty and Rebel into the plan when I decided I needed to execute it. It’s been interesting to say the least. Rebel has been like a little brother to me more than ever, and Misty has been like a second mom to me. “She’s not blackmailing me jackass. I want to do this, and you can’t change my mind. You couldn’t when I told you about this, and you can’t now. I’m fully in, and rather you like it or not, you're stuck with me forever.” I give him a creepy grin, and he narrows his eyes. 

       “Mom, help. He’s talking like Oaklynn. I don’t need a second one of her.” He tattles, and I flip him off. Like I said, a sibling relationship. But you won’t hear me complaining because I need practice for when Ari gets older, and I’ll be used to jacking around with Rebel for the foreseeable future. 

        Rebel and Misty go back to setting up a few things around the table, and I head inside to see how the guys are coming along with their job. Ever since I told Oaklynn about the warehouse, the guys and I have been pushing to finish this as fast as we can, and over the summer we will hopefully be moved in here or at least be able to move in here before the start of the next school year. 

        “Hol, we need some help. This ain’t working man.” Levi waves me into the kitchen, “This is supposed to plug in here, but it doesn’t fit here. So either we’re dumb, or the this thing is fucked.” he shrugs, and I laugh. Typical problems for us, not the first time today- or even this month- that something wouldn’t work. 

        I take the ‘W’ sign that they had bought, and examined the back where the cord plugs in. To no avail, it won’t fit there, so I grab a screwdriver, and start taking it apart. After it’s apart, I try to plug it in without it benign together, and it fits perfectly. “Try again. If it doesn’t work then I’ll try it. I need to shower and get changed before Ivy and Oaklynn get here.” I tell them, and they nod. Thankfully my dad suggested that we start fixing up the bathrooms and the kitchen first, that way we’ll have them if we need them before the house is done. 

        “They’ll be here in twenty. Ivy’s been dragging Oak around saying we asked them to pick up some type of chip that doesn’t exist. If we need more time, we’ll tell her to grab something else.” Dustin tells me, and I give him a thumbs up. “While he showers, let’s run through everything and make sure it works. We don’t want any issues because we know that my sister is a drama queen, and will have our asses if this isn’t perfect.” 

        With my full trust in everyone, I head into what will be the master bedroom, and start getting ready for the shower. Before I get in though, I text the group chat that doesn’t have Oaklynn, and make sure that all the parents are ready and on their way. Since we’ve all gotten closer to one another, we decided that it’d be fun to have all of our families here. So far, all of our big plans involve all of our families.