27: Holland

"Their ETA is five minutes!" Wren yells out, and we all scramble to finish getting ready. The 'their' in question is Oaklynn, Ivy, and Levi. Wren and I made a plan to have them get her earlier than everyone else, so they can purposefully get front row seats because during intermission between the second and third period, we have a plan that is hopefully going to embarrass me and make Oaklynn swoon a little.

Coach walks into the locker, eyes scanning the room. "Obviously, I won't give a big ass speech since everyone's mind isn't on the game," his eyes lock on mine, "I'm however going to ask that while you are all super excited to see your captain humiliate himself, you keep your eyes on the prize tonight. If you can do that, then we won't have early morning practice for a week." We all hoot and holler. Coach holds up a hand, and we go silent, "But if you fail to win, you will have a humiliated captain and early morning suicides."

He nods at me, and I turn to the team, "As Coach said, we're here to play a game. Watching me humiliate myself is just a perk of me being your captain. Because, let's face it, I'm fucking awsome." The guys laugh, and I allow them to for a moment. When their laughter dies down, we run through the game plans for the game and intermission.

Halfway through the run through, Bryce yells out, "They're here!" I don't exactly know why we're so worried about when they'd arrive since we already had a plan to block off seats for them if they weren't here early, but I guess Kane and Bryce wanted to feel useful during this. Dustin is useful by checking on his sister everyday, even when she's not there, but really he goes over there to see Ivy.

"Okay guys, are we ready to do this shit?" Wren yells, and the whole team cheers. "Good! Let's get out there and get this win!" He cheers, leading the team out of the locker room. As they file out, they all cheer and hoot.

When they're all out, I go to follow, but Coach stops me, "Are you sure about this kid? This will probably get put on the school website and whatever social media you kids use. It could ruin a serious future for you." He warns, and I shrug.

I already know the risks of doing this. "She's worth it Coach." I tell him with every ounce of certainty I have in my body. She'll always be worth it, even when I fuck up. She's it for me, and everyone knows that. And tonight, I show her and thousands of other people that. The puck will end up in her possession, what she does with it is what I follow.

Coach nods, "Okay then. Get out there and start warming up. We have a game to play on top of whatever the fuck it you decided to do." I grin at him. Coach is all on board for Oaklynn and I getting back together, mainly because I've been moping around and he's sick of it, but also because I told him I plan on humiliating myself and for some reason he was all for that.

We end our conversation, and I head out to the ice. Nerves and anxiety swarm my stomach, and I feel like I am seconds away from throwing up the breakfast I had earlier. When I get on the ice, I notice that our group is together, so I skate over there, I'm halfway there when I realize what Oaklynn is wearing. A white jersey with the number eighty five on it.

Not just any jersey. My mother fucking jersey.

I shake off my shock, and skate over to them. The moment I'm by Kane, his arm is slung around my shoulder, "Look who finally decided to show up." He teases.

"Coach wanted to talk to his favorite, who am I to deny that?" I joke, and he scowls. "Anyways," I turn away from him, "what are the definite plans for after the game?" I ask, knowing that it doesn't matter what their plans are because I have my own. Levi tells me that they're going to the bar like usual and that they're planning on coming home early to watch movies. Honestly, I zone out because the plans have nothing to do with me.