Epilogue I: Oaklynn's Pov

Two months later...

These past few weeks have been beyond weird. Holland, Ivy, Rebel and my mom have been acting super weird. Kane and Wren have been making sure that I stay busy. Holland, Ivy, Dustin, Levi, and Bryce have been nearly absent every day until really late at night. Any time I ask them about it, they brush me off saying their finals are going to kick their asses, and they need extra help to prepare for them. Which I believe since it's the end of April and finals start in the next two weeks. Rebel tells me he's working on getting some big projects done. And Mom tells me that work has been really busy.

Which is why I am at a boutique- the same one we've been at for two hours- with Wren and Kane now, and I am throwing a fit about it. "Look at this baby Oak, it'd be perfect for tonight." Kane tells me, holding up an ugly black dress. He notices the grimace I give him, and laughs, "I know, I'm just yanking your leg."

"Can we go home yet? We've been dealing with each other for weeks now and as much as I love you two, I am beyond sick of both of you." I complain. "I don't need new clothes. There are perfect clothes sitting in my closet, and in Ivy's, and in Holland's. Shopping for new clothes is pointless."

I've already explained to everyone that I don't need company, that I am perfectly fine sitting in my room, in a silent house all the time. None of them would hear it, and Kane and Wren insisted on 'hanging out' with me all the time. When they told me that there's some end of year hockey party that I need a new outfit for, and that led to another argument that I lost. On the bright side I guess, I get to put off studying for my own finals. Not that I need to anyways.

"Holland says we've spent enough time together, and that if we take Oaklynn to get food and then home for a nap she'll be fine," Wren tells Kane. "Also, everyone is out for some study groups they were told they need to go too. So we can leave her at the house if we have something we need to do." Kane gives him a nod, and looks at me.

I grin and put my hands up in surrender. "I have no objections to this plan. The house is quiet, so I can fall asleep. When they get back, it'll still be quiet, and whenever Ivy comes over to get ready she can wake me up." They give me a nod, and start making their way towards the door. As they make their way towards the door, a few girls stop and stare at them with admiration and glare at me, causing me to laugh.

When we get into Kanes truck, they both turn back to look at me. "What was so funny?" Kane asks at the same time Wren asks me, "Why were you laughing?" I laugh a little more, and they give each other a look that says I'm crazy.

"When we were walking out of the store, a bunch of girls were ogling you two, and when they saw me they gave me nasty looks. It's funny to me because they are chicks I've seen at the bar, on campus, at hockey games, and in classes. They know that I'm with Holland, and they still give me dirty looks because I was with you two." I explain to them, and they nod.

It's nothing new, getting dirty looks from girls when they see me with one of the guys. Ever since I moved into Purjan Hall and got close with them, it's been normal for so long that it's laughable now. They think that if I wasn't in the picture they'd have a chance with at least one of the guys, but unfortunately for them, none of the guys are ready to get serious yet. Well, none of them except for Holland.

"Well, if they have an issue they can take it up with you. None of that will happen because they know you'll beat their asses," Wren gives Kane a nasty grin, "like you did Sidney." They both start cackling at his little joke, and I flip them off with both hands. Since Holland and I had moved on from the whole Sidney thing, everyone has felt the need to make jokes about it.

I open my mouth to tell them my usual line, but Kane beats me to it. "You won't be laughing when I do it to you." He mocks, and I shoot him a glare, then look out the window. We drive for a few more moments in silence, then his phone starts ringing. He answers it over the car's speakers, "Private or open?" He asks, and to my surprise my brother answers.