25: Holland

I never understood why my dad and Ruth wouldn't talk about things right as they happened, but I think I understand it now. The conversation Oaklynn and I had three days ago was not how I wanted it to go. I didn't want to break up, I didn't want to say hurtful things either, but in the heat of the moment I let the word vomit fall from my mouth, I saw the way she hurt. The past crept up from the relationships my dad has had, and how they used him. It wasn't my right to get mad about the fact she asked me, there was a picture- one I am trying to figure out how the fuck was taken- and Oaklynn had every right to get mad at the comment Sidney made about her mom.

        These few days have been absolute hell. Oaklynn's been staying with Ivy, and has refused to answer any of our calls. The only time she answers is if one of the guys asks her if she's good. According to Ivy, she's gotten a job at some cafe a little bit off campus, and works right after her classes end until about two in the morning. When I was told that, my heart broke a little more because I know why she's doing it, and I hate the fact that I caused it.

        I've been making a list of ways that I can win her back, and that list starts with restarting for us, a clean slate. Do I think it'll work? Yes, but only because I am going to manifest- I think it is- that it will work, and I'm also not going to stop until she tells me not to or she completely ignores me for a ridiculous amount of time.

        I'm not going to give up very easily.

        Deciding that I need to interact with people and not wallow in self pity, I head down the stairs to join Wren doing whatever it is he is doing. The moment my footsteps enter the living room, I immediately regret it. Not only do I walk in on him doing yoga, he's doing it naked. "Umm, dude, do you mind putting on some clothes?" I ask, he falls on to the floor, and I burst out laughing.

        My laughter makes me feel bad, so as quick as it came, it went. "When the fuck did you get here?" He asks, and I shrug. They don't know that I've missed classes these past few days, nor do they know that there are a few plans that will eventually involve them. I just hope they are open to help me when I need them.

        "Been here since you got here. Why the hell are you naked?" I ask, throwing him a blanket to cover himself with. "Oaklynn could have walked in and seen your little dick. Actually, Ivy could have walked in and seen you."

        He wraps the blanket around his waist, while laughing, "Dude, it's not that deep. Okaylnn wouldn't step foot in this house knowing you're here, and Ivy knows to announce her presents." He states, and I groan at his statement about Oaklynn. When Wren notices my grimace, he mimics it, "Sorry dude, you know what I mean." I nod.

        All of the guys have 'accidently' made comments like that since I told them we broke up, and if I had to place money or my life on why, it'd be because they lowkey find my heartbreak funny. "It's fine," I finally grumble. "We both know she asks Dustin if I'm here before she shows up, and she's at work right now anyways so the possibility of her showing up here is basically a zero." Since she got hired at the cafe, and Ivy told us her schedule, I make sure to be out of the house to save her the discomfort.

        Wren examines my face and body language for a few seconds, "Dude, go get her back already. Do that groveling shit girls love, take her on dates, and stop with this moping shit. I'm sick of looking  at you like this already," he pauses, and I scowl, "I'm just saying. We miss her, you miss her, and days suck without her. Also as much as we pretend to hate it, we miss the lovey dovey shit you to do." He adds on, and I sigh.

        Lovey dovey shit, groveling shit, dates. All to get her back. It sounds exhausting, I know it will be, but it's Oaklynn and that means I am willing to do the shit if it means getting her back. "Yeah, yeah. You don't think I know that? I have a plan, but I have a million things to do before I start doing the list." I make-up an excuse.