8:Oaklynn

"Oak, you have to come to this party with me! It's still weeks away, but it's a Halloween party. We can dress up in matching costumes, get idiotically shitfaced, and then make the boys take care of us." Ivy says, the last part in a sing-song voice. "Say yes. Say yes. Please say yes." She begs, and I laugh.

        It is now October. Yay! My favorite season. It means you can wear cute sweaters and leggings and go do cute things like go to a pumpkin patch. It also means that I get reminded of how lonely I am because everyone flaunts their cute little fall and spooky dates they go on. It also means we are weeks away from Halloween, months away from Thanksgiving, and Two months away from Christmas.

        Even though we didn't have much money growing up, Mom still made the holidays magical. On Halloween we'd trick or treat in old clothes and face paint, and when we got older we'd buy a ridiculous amount of candy to pass out, and rent a stupid amount of horror movies. On Thanksgiving we'd go to Nana's the night before, cook a big feast, and watch football. On Christmas, we'd get an astonishing amount of presents from both Mom and Nana, and after we'd open them, we'd watch Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas and other movies.

        This is the first year I am away from home during the holidays, and I am beyond bummed about it. I guess you never really know how things are until you are away from them.

          "If you'd shut up for one second, I'd tell you that sounds like fun. But if you want to get on your knees and pop out your bottom lip, it might be more effective to get me to say yes." I tease. Yeah, I don't actually plan on going to the party and we both know that.

        "Like Holland does when he's eating you out?" She blurts and the minute the words leave her mouth, her hand is covering it. "Ignore what I just said." I laugh and shake my head no.

        I trust Ivy enough to tell her what happened with Holland and I. The only reason I haven't told her is because we've both already been swamped in school work, and haven't had the chance to talk about it. I've missed her craziness.

        "I have to tell you something, and you're going to want to sit down." I tell her, and pat the spot next to me. She sits, and looks at me with concern. "I'm okay, I just have to spill something to you, but you have to pinky promise not to tell anyone. Not even Wren." She nods, and I release a breath. I start telling her about how Holland's day with me went, and her facial expressions are hilarious.

        When I finish telling her the whole story- in detail per her request- her jaw is resting on the floor and her eyes look about ready to abandon her head. "What the fuck?" She shouts, and I laugh expecting no less reaction from her. "Why are you just now telling me? This happened forever ago!"

        I shrug, "I'm sorry? I wanted to tell you in person, but we've both been busy." She nods. "We've been going at it like rabbits any time we are alone- which is a lot since classes started- and since our schedules are pretty much the same, it's not hard to find alone time."

        We are almost always alone, if he doesn't have hockey practice. During the week, we have about two to three hours alone without hockey practice. If he has hockey practice then we have about an hour alone since the other guys have at least one evening class.

        Ivy claps her hands together, making me look at her like the crazy person she is, "I won! Wren and I bet when you two would do something, and I won." She rushes it out, it comes out jumbled but I heard it clearly. "Don't hate me. I just knew by the way he looks at you, and the first time at the bar, and then what Wren tells me," she pauses, "I'm surprised Wren lost. Usually he's right about these things."

        Why am I not surprised that they placed a bet? It seems like something they'd do.

        "So what are you two doing? Friends with benefits or low key dating?" I shrug. "Well, you need to figure it out. One thing I know about Holland is he doesn't half ass anything, he'd be a good boyfriend. And he doesn't sleep around with anyone for fun, only when he's in a relationship. He'll tell you that he's fine with it, and that he's done it before. But that's his way of convincing himself that he's fine with it." She confesses, and when she realizes what she said her eyes widen. "Don't tell him I told you." I nod.