chapter 20 the disrespectful mother visits

-tho weeks later-
Hazel is 3 weeks and 4 days old. Lia's phone rings. "Hello." The person on the phone said. "Hello, who is this?" Lia asked. "You don't even recognize your mother's voice, that insulting." She said. "Well, maybe that's because I never hear from you." Lia said. "Now don't be bitter, I heard about you having a child, and no job." She said. "I'm sorry mom, having a child was not on my list of things to do before 25." Lia said. "Well, that's not being responsible." She said. "Mom, who are you to talk?" Lia said. "Stop being so snoby, I wanna see my grand baby, I hope it's a boy, tell me where you're staying." She said. "Fine, you can stop by." Lia said. "OK, I'll be there in 30 minutes." She said.

"Oh my god." Lia scuffed. "What's wrong?" Em asked. "My mother wants to visit." Lia said. "I feel like it's a good thing, but I know it's hard for you." Em said. "Yeah, she was never a big part of my life." Lia said. "Yeah, I definitely know, I've always felt sorry for you." Em said. "She doesn't even care if Hazel is healthy, the only thing she's worried about is hoping she's a boy, I'm afraid of what she might do if she doesn't like that I had a girl." Lia said. "Who cares what she thinks or says, we love her unconditionally." Em said. "You're right, I don't care what my mother thinks of her. If she doesn't love her as much as I do, she doesn't have to be in her life." Lia said.

-a couple minutes later-
Lia's mom walks in. "Where's my grand baby?" She asked. Lia picked her up. "Here she is." Lia smiled. Lia's mom picked her up. "It's a girl." She said, disappointed. "I know, mom, isn't she beautiful?" Lia asked, trying to convince her mom that it doesn't matter. "Well, I guess, what's her name?" She asked. "Hazel Emily Parker." Lia said. "So you can name her after your annoying little friend, but not me, how selfish!" She said. "I'm not being selfish mom. You never did anything for me." Lia said.

"Amelia, that is not true, I did everything for you and your little sister." She said. "Ok, how about the time you left for weeks, we had no idea where you went, and I had to take care of my little sister." Lia said. "Well, it was hard raising 2 children on my own, I had to get money somehow." She said. "Not by leaving a 13 and 7 year old on their own, I was really scared and didn't know what to do." Lia said. "I'm sorry, but I don't know how to explain the things I did, but you're strong because of it." She said. "No, I'm more responsible and mature because of it, and you should never put children through that." Lia said.

"Well, aren't you being bitter about it? You're alive because of me." She said. "No, me and my sister are alive because me, how about everyday you would leave us and come home in the middle of the night slammed and I had to take care of you all by myself." Lia said. "Well, I was drinking my pain away. Your dad left me, and I had to take care of you all by myself." She said. "First of all I took care of you and my sister, and second, Noah died and I stopped my bad habits when I found out I was pregnant and I won't put her through what you put me through." Lia said.

"You know what, you are so ungrateful, I did everything I could for you." She said. "I'm not ungrateful, and everything you did was not much, sofie grew up calling me mom." Lia said. "You know what sofie is more grateful than you are. She has no kids and has a good paying job." She said. "You know what, just go, give me my baby." Lia said and took Hazel away from her. "I don't think so she should live with me, I have a job and a good home maybe she should live with sofie, we will get custody of her." She said. "No, she's mine, you can't take her away from me, I won't let you. If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get. She is not living like me, and sofie will never agree to take my child away from me." Lia said. "OK, sure, we will see, and we will win." She said. She tried to take Hazel, but Emily walked in. "What are you doing?" She asked. "She's trying to take my baby." Lia said. "Uh, no, that's not happening." Em said and took Hazel to the nursery. "Leave!" Lia yelled. "Fine, I'm going to leave and tell Sofie about this. She will be on my side." She said and left.

831 words not including this